GDR3 Temporary Files and other files not deleting.

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey, so I have Update 3 and I tried to delete the stuff I can like Temporary Files, Maps, Messages... But for some reason when I click delete it will pretend its deleting for around 3 minutes and then nothing... I still have those files taking up memory, anyway I can delete it? Its kinda building up and my phone sucks so I only have like 400mb of free space.

Thanks.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you read the text on that screen, you'll see that the deletion is a background task which will be scheduled for whenever the phone feels like doing it (I have no idea what the schedule is doing).

Also note that it says "Deletes some temporary files".

Out of interest, how much space is being taken up by the temporary files on your device?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Certain things do that might reduce your temporary storage:
- Delete IE history (and other browsers like UC if you have it installed)
- Delete content from WPCentral App
- Change your date/year to 2014 and then try the delete temporary files feature from GDR3 (revert back later)

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
If you read the text on that screen, you'll see that the deletion is a background task which will be scheduled for whenever the phone feels like doing it (I have no idea what the schedule is doing).

Also note that it says "Deletes some temporary files".

Out of interest, how much space is being taken up by the temporary files on your device?

Around 100MB.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah you will never get it to go lower than 50MB by the way, there's some cache required for a consistent experience I think.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Well I had managed to get it down to ~7 MB somehow at one point but now it stays at atleast 100 MB, well I have a 920 so not complaining :winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon