Another switcher :)

DenisThundy

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello, guys! I'm getting an HTC Windows Phone 8X for new year, and I'm switching from Android. Can you answer next questions, please?

Is it possible to create a spherical panoramas (like Nexus 4/5 does) with Windows Phone?

I know, that WP8 have it's own wallet app. So, is it possible to connect my card to this app and use it with NFC to use PayPass function in shops?

Does WP have something like Jailbreak or Root?

Thank you. :)

P.S: Sorry for my English, I'm from Ukraine.

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
1. It is, with Photosynth, and you can upload them to photosynth.com and share them with your friends or the world :D.
2. I would not know thw answer for this one, I just know that you can link your card to it and pay for apps and IAPs.
3. Nope, it hasn't. They are achieving something with the Samsung ATIV S, but nothing else on other phones :).

Warren Sammut

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
You'll be happy with the change!

1. There are plenty of apps to take panoramas in spherical motion yes.
2. Never used NFC for payment, but it does support cards yes.
3. None that I know of.

May I suggest you look at a Lumia device as well for a device? I had the HTC 8S and it was beautiful, then switched to the Lumia 925 and i just love the Nokia experience even more. I'd consider it if I were you, but you can't go wrong either way!

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
From everything I've read, for NFC Payments, you'll need a special Secure SIM from your carrier to make it work. However, depending on your carrier and market, these Secure SIM cards may not be available or may be extremely hard to obtain.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
As far as your 2nd question, WP8 does not support tap and pay like Android. WP supports both NFC and Wallet, but so far the payment function is not possible.

DenisThundy

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
:)

And one more question:
Guys, does HTC Windows Phone 8X have a gyroscope? I looked at WP Central Forums, someone say, that it has gyro, and others say it don't. So, does it have gyro?

P.S: Thank you guys for your quick replies. ;)

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: :)

What is that Secure SIM? I'm on Ukrainian carrier MTS.

Sorry, I've only done minimal research on the subject.

And one more question:
Guys, does HTC Windows Phone 8X have a gyroscope? I looked at WP Central Forums, someone say, that it has gyro, and others say it don't. So, does it have gyro?

P.S: Thank you guys for your quick replies. ;)

Windows Phone 8X by HTC Overview - HTC Smartphones

By gyro, do you mean the Digital Compass?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss