What use is there for Rooms in the people hub??

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't use it personally but it brings tons of value. The other people don't even need to be on a windows phone device to be apart of the room

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I play the table top war game warhammer 40k, i have a room set up with my main play buddy and we share 40k pics, army lists and such in it. It also allows us to chat without using our 40k Facebook group that has our other play buddies in it.

Its got great potential, but only works with other windows phones, which is a shame.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I was wondering is there any use of Rooms and do you guys use it?

The main use of Rooms is for groups of people to stay in contact, share photos, notes and a calendar and, in the case of photos and staying in contact, keep all that from social networks. Families would be the main group this would be aimed at, it's a useful feature that's unique to Windows Phone.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I play the table top war game warhammer 40k, i have a room set up with my main play buddy and we share 40k pics, army lists and such in it. It also allows us to chat without using our 40k Facebook group that has our other play buddies in it.

Its got great potential, but only works with other windows phones, which is a shame.

I have to call you out on that last comment, it does indeed work on Android and iOS but it takes a lot more configuration to get it working. With WP7 it still requires more configuration than WP8 but less than Android or iOS. That's the point, it was designed to work on other devices as well because not everyone uses a WP.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
We should put our emails in the forums in each forum section and ask for help if needed in the rooms. Nice way for quick replies

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm down to do this. PM me your emails if you want in. I just set it up.

Edit: I'd also like to know how possible via email. I just tried and it wouldn't work

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I am to join,

Create group, and select your own number for invitation.

Sms will have link, post that link here.. We all will join...

that's very interesting, lets see what's hidden in that feature...

Sent via tapatalk

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte