"People" list on phone and on outlook.com

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I use outlook.com basically to do nothing more than maintain my calendar and contacts. I know the phone is just supposed to sync "all the time" as I've read numerous times online, but the changes I make on outlook.com and on the phone aren't syncing with each other. So, clearly something's not working. Are there certain basic settings anyone can think of that I am supposed to have running to allow this sync to happen?
Thanks!

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
As long as you are using the same Microsoft Account on both the phone and when logging into Outlook.com, they should sync fine. If you are sure you are using the same account, then it is worth checking how often the phone syncs the data for your account. On your phone, go into Settings, then tap on 'email+accounts', then tap on your Microsoft Account. There is dropdown which is titled "Download new content". What is yours set to? I have mine on "as items arrive", this means when I change something on either the phone or on my PC, the changes usually appear very quickly on the other device.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Fantastic, thank you. That DID make a difference because I had it on "daily". But now one of my contacts brought back an Error Code:1.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
No problem :) Yep, having it on Daily will have been the cause of it not syncing often for you then.

With that error code, I haven't had that myself before. I'd probably log out of Outlook.com if you are currently on it on your PC/Laptop, then also just switch the phone off and back on again. When the phone switches back on it syncs automatically on startup. Hopefully from then onwards, it should work fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss