12-17-2013 11:17 AM
60 123
tools
    1 billion was enuff to buy htc and black berry. They could have literally flooded market with wp

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk
    12-17-2013 09:42 AM
    close this thread already
    12-17-2013 09:57 AM
    close this thread already
    This!
    12-17-2013 10:04 AM
    1 billion was enuff to buy htc and black berry. They could have literally flooded market with wp

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk
    what are you talking about? blackberry bid that didn't go through was $4.7B
    12-17-2013 10:18 AM
    None of us will be buying another for the same reasons we've all heard a thousand times, so I won't bother repeating them in detail (volume controls, start screen organization, lack of apps, gapless playback, VPN, dialer app organization, etc.)
    This is almost completely total rubbish. I don't think I know a single person who knows what VPN is let alone uses it. And if the rumor mill on this website is correct VPN and expanded volume controls will be arriving in a matter of months.

And what is the beef with the dialer app? I press the dialer and it brings up my call history. I then press whichever number I need to call. I rarely go into my address book or use the manual number dialer because I call the same people over and over again.

The problem is my parents went to at&t to get their first smartphones. They were sold Android phones. You could have put any phone with a decent size screen in their hands (ie not an iphone) and they would have said okay, but they were railroaded into Android till I rescued them. That scene is repeated over and over again across America. In Great Britain and France Windows Phone has double digit market share. Do you think the discrepancy is because Americans dial their phones differently or use VPN a lot more? at&t is not pushing Windows Phone. Their sales people don't research it and tell people honest facts about it. I set up a basic start screen with large live tiles for my parents so they can easily do the basic functions. Compared to Android Windows Phone with a little customization is just a simpler smoother interface for them.

I don't know what all the problems are with Windows Phone sales but I know lack of VPN ain't it.
    MikeSo and 5150 Joker like this.
    12-17-2013 10:41 AM
    It's their money, if Samsung made a full line of Galaxy WP phones it would change everything for WP.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Came here to post the same thing. If they just released a line of Galaxy SW phones, it would sell much better than their ATIV series.
    12-17-2013 10:56 AM
    It doesn't sell because most people don't like it. The sales numbers don't lie. And units shipped don't equal units sold. It's not from lack of advertising either, I see at least one commercial a day. What does the commercial focus on? The camera...
    12-17-2013 10:59 AM
    Nokia makes far better hardware than Samsung or LG. This is based on Samsung flip phones, Samsung Galaxy, LG Nexus 4. I like HTC hardware and Nokia the best so far. Microsoft is better off letting its new phone division (read NOKIA) doing what it does best and convincing the billion people outside USA to use WP. Why buy a low spec Android or even a Moto G when for a bit lower price you can get an expandable memory Lumia 520 or its new variants which perform really really well?
    12-17-2013 11:07 AM
    It doesn't sell because most people don't like it. The sales numbers don't lie. And units shipped don't equal units sold. It's not from lack of advertising either, I see at least one commercial a day. What does the commercial focus on? The camera...
    Thats oversimplifying it.. There are other reasons why things don't sell well other than "people don't like it". Do Apple comes not sell well because people don't like them? No. Its because they are expensive.
    12-17-2013 11:10 AM
    This thread has run it's course
    12-17-2013 11:17 AM
60 123