[rumor] Microsoft offered Samsung 1billion to use wp8

Status
Not open for further replies.

untitled007

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Isnt its pathetic, thats huge, yeah i know its their money, but its like they are begging oems to use their OS, and i am losing my pride holding my wp8, what if theybcould just use,the 1billion to improve their wp8. ? So that everyone will like it

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
The rumour is widespread in the market and claims that the Microsoft has offered Samsung a massive USD 1 billion to continue work on Windows phone device.

The source of rumour is Mobile Review’s Eldar Murtazin who has claimed that Microsoft is in negotiations with the South Korean giant for making Windows Phone devices and is ready to pay a whopping $1 billion in return for the favour.

So I wouldn't give it much credence

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
It's their money, if Samsung made a full line of Galaxy WP phones it would change everything for WP.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Ugh do we really need Samsung on windows phone side. Their Cheap products are horrible and overrated in my opinion.

I would rather Microsoft pay that to HTC or even zte or LG.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
It would be cheaper to create a company called "Samssung"

For 1B per year what can Sammy bring to the table that MSFT doesn't already have? Except for the original Focus none of their WP's have done very well.

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I always wanted a Sony Xperia Z with WP8... but like the Nokia Lumia with Android, is just a pipe dream.

For me, the only acceptable Android OEM's are Sony, HTC and with some degree the new Motorola.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Ugh do we really need Samsung on windows phone side. Their Cheap products are horrible and overrated in my opinion.

I would rather Microsoft pay that to HTC or even zte or LG.

That's called an opinion, as it is Windows Phone wasn't looking too healthy on the OEM front. ZTE make handsets that look, feel and are cheap, more so than anyone else and LG are focusing efforts on Android.

As for HTC, they are in dire financial difficulties so why would Microsoft sink money into a black hole like them, at least with Samsung they won't have a fear of losing their money and will get a ROI.

Of course this is if this rumour is true.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
For 1B per year what can Sammy bring to the table that MSFT doesn't already have? Except for the original Focus none of their WP's have done very well.

Here's my opinion: Samsung can bring name recognition to the table. Let's face it: a lot of WP users are using a WP device for the sole reason that it's a Nokia. In fact, if I would've stuck with the brand of my all-time favorite feature phone I would now be using a Nokia. Samsung sells more smartphones than any other company, double the number of their closest competitor (Apple). I believe a lot of smartphone users are using the OS they are simply because that's what came on the brand of device they wanted. I personally don't go much by the manufacturer, although that can play into my decision. We need to realize that those of us here DO care about the OS, but a good number of smartphone users probably don't even know which OS they're using. If you'd ask they'd probably say "I have a Nokia/Samsung/LG".

Disclaimer: this is 100% my own theory. Feel free to shoot it down!

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Isnt its pathetic, thats huge, yeah i know its their money, but its like they are begging oems to use their OS, and i am losing my pride holding my wp8, what if theybcould just use,the 1billion to improve their wp8. ? So that everyone will like it

Eldar Murtazin is full of Sh*t !!

He cant speak good about MS...he already faked a lot of info earlier which were plain stupid !

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Well Samsung would help WP8 but it would crash Nokia if ever Samsung gives full blown promo.

Agreed. But no matter what. Its stills helps MS. Even if Samsung dominated WP Microsoft still wins. Which I agree. Samsung could get an opportunity for this

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
That's called an opinion, as it is Windows Phone wasn't looking too healthy on the OEM front. ZTE make handsets that look, feel and are cheap, more so than anyone else and LG are focusing efforts on Android.

As for HTC, they are in dire financial difficulties so why would Microsoft sink money into a black hole like them, at least with Samsung they won't have a fear of losing their money and will get a ROI.

Of course this is if this rumour is true.

I'm aware its called an opinion. I did use the phrase in my opinion after all lol

Microsoft sinking money into HTC which actually likely could probably cheaper than going with Samsung is no different than what they did with Nokia. HTC is not blackberry just yet. HTC AND Nokia as a unified force with Microsoft could be much better than Samsung and their knock off and gimmick features.

Again this is just me and my opinion.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
This is my personal opinion, but if the rumored specs for the Galaxy S5 are true, and they put WP8 on that sucker, I'd be tempted away from my Nokia.

That being said, if this were to happen, I hope its not a billion every year. That just wouldn't be worth it by any means. Now, if it was a billion for a certain amount of time like 4 or 5 years... I would be okay with that.

Editguy1900

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
This is nonsense. After his relationship with Nokia soured, he's done everything he can to damage their reputation (and now MS by extension). His claims are worth less than used toilet paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb