File Manager ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
iPhone seems to be doing quite well among business users despite the lack of a file manager.

Yes, ios doesn't hogs storage. And it doesn't have memory card so there is no question of management. People don't feel need of file manager..
Where as in windows phone, other storage builds up and it has no specific reason. I got 3gb of other storage.. Recently,i had a hard reset.. And again its 2.5 gb other storage.. Microsoft failed here...
i have jb my ios, it has file manager now.
Thing is,
File manager need is for advance users.. Basic users would never require file manager..
All pissed people on windows phone are advanced users..

Sent via tapatalk

Sent from my L625

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
You seem intent on calling people who don't need a file manager basic or dumb users. I would love to know why?

I've used far more mobile devices than you, using Windows CE, SIBO, EPOC32, Palm OS, iOS, Android and Windows Phone, so I guess that makes me something of a mobile device expert. This means that I understand how these devices work, how to use them properly without kludges and what their limitations are. I'm not alone either as there are a lot of people like me.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Basic users are not dumb, not my assumption.
Google may be helpful for meaning of basic users.
Other os have different issue which is not point of discussion for windows phone..
Important issue is "Where/why is other storage hogged"
When other storage is hogged, i am a rational person i will need that storage for my apps & games. Again and again i cant have hard reset.

If windows phone can give me disk view of each kilobyte and delete them than i have no issues, i don't need file manager.

Sent from my L625

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Other os have different issue which is not point of discussion for windows phone..
When other storage is hogged, i am a rational person i will need that storage for my apps & games. Again and again i cant have hard reset.

If windows phone can give me disk view of each kilobyte and delete them than i have no issues, i don't need file manager.

Sent from my L625

That's not what I said at all, you said and I quote "File manager need is for advance users.. Basic users would never require file manager..". From that you're saying that those people who don't want a file manager must be basic users!!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
iPhone seems to be doing quite well among business users despite the lack of a file manager.

Define business users. Wearing a suit doesn't make you an enterprise user any more than sleeping in the garage makes you a car. Corporate, secure and inventory solutions remain firmly entrenched in the BlackBerry and Windows Mobile camps. Yes, I said Windows Mobile. Next time you have to sign for FedEx or UPS, take a good long look at the Symbol scanner you're signing on.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my L625

A file manager is not for the sole purpose of telling you where each kilobyte of data is stored.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Define business users. Wearing a suit doesn't make you an enterprise user any more than sleeping in the garage makes you a car. Corporate, secure and inventory solutions remain firmly entrenched in the BlackBerry and Windows Mobile camps. Yes, I said Windows Mobile. Next time you have to sign for FedEx or UPS, take a good long look at the Symbol scanner you're signing on.

tbh, i don't find similarly between wp n wm. WP will catch that phase, may be soon.

Again, blackberry phones are simply perfect for business users.

Sent from my L625

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
cant discus further. you don't know what a file manager is. I thought just android users are rude...

Sent from my L625

You're not even asking for a file manager, you're asking for root access to the system- while we may hope that there will be some changes to fill the gap of things like email attachments, what you're asking will never, ever happen. He was right to say that what you want is not what a 'file manager' does.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
This thread is useless. Near every single post is just new people chiming in that they want a "file manager", which as had been said, means something very different to each and every person. But they don't realize that because no one is reading earlier posts in the thread- just casting a meaningless complaint. No actual discussion is happening. A mod should just close this thread and every file manager thread thereafter, and there should be a sticky entitled "Why you don't actually want or need a 'file manager'" with subtitle "and you will never have read/write access to the system so stop asking"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion