Windows Phone 8.1 expectations

SouravS

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
As per The Verge , The update is expected to include a notification center, a "Cortana" personal assistant, Skype improvements, and a number of UI changes.

So what do you guys love to have ?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe Cortana is a gimmick. Have anyone watched the Ford Evos concept. Supposedly, the tech they're using is MS and that showed capabilities that has been discussed. Search on YouTube the official video.

samy_a

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I would be quite happy with a number of modest work-related changes:

• Option to open password -protected Office files
  • Option to delete rows and columns in an Excel file
  • Option to edit a forwarded or replied to email
  • Calendar that doesn't hide the tasks older then two weeks
  • Option to attach files to an email

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hope they would introduce file manager.
or new skydrive which can work as file manager.
btw what is vpn i don't know about it much.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hope they would introduce file manager.
or new skydrive which can work as file manager.
btw what is vpn i don't know about it much.

Chances are you won't need one but if you read this it may shed some light. However, it's a bit techie. Virtual private network - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you work in a company, best way to think of it is an Intranet. Or a private internet within the company. You can also set them up in your home as well.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Notification center and individual volume controls are gonna finally bring us up to par. Cortana is just a gimmick.

TBH, the Google Now feature, is the most innovative thing about android, and I absolutely won't mind having a copy of that.

My friend gets automatic notifications and ETA to the location for his flights, meeting, commute, even restaurant habits!!!!!!

I know everyone hates how google gets into someone's private life, but if it was for such features, I really won't mind cortana to come and live with me.

Panathas

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
GoogleNow is great, when you live in the US. Outside of the US GoogleNow most of the time shows you the weather, calender events and perhaps some soccer scores. If you are lucky, it will also show you public transit information. I hope MS will do it better!

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Having heard by some sources, Siri is powered by Bing, also he software used is from MS end.
So we mite have Siri like performance or somthing better than that.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
One thing I will say about Google Now, in order to get the most out of it you have to let google all up in your business. By its very nature, the more Google Now knows about you the better it works.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
One thing I will say about Google Now, in order to get the most out of it you have to let google all up in your business. By its very nature, the more Google Now knows about you the better it works.

that's obvious.

And about the Google now is only good in the US, not true, I've seen it work in KSA pretty amazingly. Its all about your routines.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Well, whatever ends up being released it will not achieve everyone's expectations. I can almost state that as fact!

It can't because Microsoft have left themselves so much to do it will be impossible. Completely wasted the 3 updates released so far, I only want the ability to edit playlists like any normal music player should, but I doubt that will be in the update.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It can't because Microsoft have left themselves so much to do it will be impossible. Completely wasted the 3 updates released so far, I only want the ability to edit playlists like any normal music player should, but I doubt that will be in the update.

Apparently the new Xbox Music app can create/edit playlists!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99