Is there a way to setup AOL email for PUSH?

sonus

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't think GMAIL supports PUSH either now that it is iMAP only. WP and iOS have to use FETCH for Gmail, which results in reduced battery life.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't think GMAIL supports PUSH either now that it is iMAP only. WP and iOS have to use FETCH for Gmail, which results in reduced battery life.

Apparently if you setup GMAIL as an Outlook account, it will PUSH. I dunno, I just followed instructions and it seems to work just fine. :)

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I was hoping there was a way to setup Outlook to fetch from AOL servers just like how we setup GMAIL, but I don't know. I don't understand the different types of email to know if that's possible or not.

sonus

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I was hoping there was a way to setup Outlook to fetch from AOL servers just like how we setup GMAIL, but I don't know. I don't understand the different types of email to know if that's possible or not.

All I can tell you is that you should set it up using their iMAP severs instead of their POP servers so that changes such as read status, move status, and delete status will be synced. That still won't give you push though.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
All I can tell you is that you should set it up using their iMAP severs instead of their POP servers so that changes such as read status, move status, and delete status will be synced. That still won't give you push though.

oh ok, good to know. Mine did setup as imap, so that's good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6