I have GDR3, what happens if I reset my phone to factory default?

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to ask. What will happen if I chose to reset my Lumia 620 to its factory default? I have installed GDR3. Will it default to non-GDR3? Has anyone tried it? Thanks.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to ask. What will happen if I chose to reset my Lumia 620 to its factory default? I have installed GDR3. Will it default to non-GDR3? Has anyone tried it? Thanks.

No, you will get back to GDR3, and you will have the new option of connecting to a WIFI connection at the beginning of the Setup. which is very important to get your apps and other information if you want to save your Data Plan, if you even have one. :D

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I took the plunge Jan. 1, 2014. I'm fed up with the lack of disk space management that WP8 offers. After I reset my phone, my phone now has 3.2 GB of free space after restoring updates and apps. I was worried first because when my phone was restored it was just GDR3 and no Nokia amber but after 24hrs amber updates was pushed with no problem. I tried deleting the dard 94MB of temp files to no avail. I cannot understand why such simple operation is very hard to do with WP8. Hope they fixed this on WP8.1. Kudos for MS for having the backup restore procedure. The only thing that was not restored was my tile arrangements/homescreen but everything like SMS were restored along with the apps --- you just have to initiate downloading of apps though which is understandable.

David Hegedus

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
One question guys. If I reset my phone to factory settings, than I can get all my apps and my start screen back with just one click, right? How does that work? Thanks!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital