How do I upload videos to SkyDrive?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I've had Windows Phone since the start of WP7, and I like to think I'm not completely ignorant of how the thing works.

I've just been uploading my photos to my SkyDrive account (normally I have the auto upload turned off).

So, the photos all uploaded fine. But, I can't find any way of uploading the videos to my SkyDrive account, either through the photos hub or the SkyDrive app. I see that I'm able to upload videos when I have the auto-upload turn on, but for pre-existing videos, I can't do it....

Anyone happen to know the trick? If it's something obvious, I'd love to learn....

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Aha. I just needed to connect the phone to my Surface and import. From there, I can upload to SkyDrive...

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
You can set to auto upload videos to skydrive but it will only do it when you have a wifi connection.
It looks like only photos can auto upload over cellular data.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not exactly. The auto-upload will only happen for new photos/videos when the option is turned on. If you turn the option on with pre-existing content, it won't be synced when you turn the auto-upload on - you have to upload those old items manually.

It's unfortunate that you have the options to manually upload photos, but not videos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss