Skydrive 20GB extra storage

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
yup .. everyone seems to be getting this mail ...

btw I also got a year's free skype on a promotion too
Your Skype Premium order was completed successfully and is now active.

As part of that subscription I can now:
  • Make group video calls with three or more other people (up to 10 under correct conditions).

• Get an exclusive discount on a new webcam as a Skype Premium subscriber.

• Get live one-to-one customer support, visit skype.com/go/livechat and sign in to your account. Currently available in English only.

and I received a free Lumia 625 during the halloween party held by Microsoft too :p

.. loving what Microsoft is doing these days ..

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I received the email as well. It's a set-up. If you use the free 20 gigs for a year what are you going to do at the end of the "free" period? Delete the data OR subscribe and start paying for the storage??

ssjmec

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I received the email as well. It's a set-up. If you use the free 20 gigs for a year what are you going to do at the end of the "free" period? Delete the data OR subscribe and start paying for the storage??

I read somewhere that they'll email you the date of clearing. So you're going to have some time to backup your data, or extend if you wish

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
That's the trick. Give free storage. You get used to it, use up all. When the free period ends, you don't know what to do, you end up paying for it.
But to be honest, I am glad they gave us something for being loyal customers.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering how long a person has to have had a Windows Phone to get this offer. I got a free phone from Nokia last week as part of one of their developer promos, so when I saw my email this morning, I went ahead and associated it with one of my other Microsoft accounts, in hopes that I'll get another email. ;)

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I believe that they'll prevent further uploading if you store beyond the free storage. You'll have to make room if you wish to continue to use it. I don't know if there's period in which that must be done, however.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

Duh. They want people to try the service. If you end up liking it, then good. If not, then you will stop using the extra space. What's the "set up"?

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Duh. They want people to try the service. If you end up liking it, then good. If not, then you will stop using the extra space. What's the "set up"?

Exactly. You get 7GB for free. If in the year's time that you have the additional 20GB you find yourself using more than that 7GB often, it might be worth it to you to pay the $10/yr to keep the additional 20GB. If you don't find yourself using the service that much, odds are, you probably don't even have more than 7GB's worth of data in SkyDrive anyway. That or you don't really need to have more than 7GB worth of data there.

crazycanucks1977

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering how long a person has to have had a Windows Phone to get this offer. I got a free phone from Nokia last week as part of one of their developer promos, so when I saw my email this morning, I went ahead and associated it with one of my other Microsoft accounts, in hopes that I'll get another email. ;)

I got mine and I only have had teh phone for 3 months

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa