Xbox music downloaded tracks lose their licenses every few hours on WP8?

N123

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,
I have a Lumia 520 (updated to GDR2 and amber) and I'm having trouble with constantly having to refresh the licenses for xbox music pass downloaded tracks (not purchased tracks). Basically if I download tracks from the xbox music store and shut off my data connection, the tracks will play for 5-6 hours and then stop playing with the error message 805a2023. Then if I turn the data connection back on, I'm able to play my downloaded tracks again---doing this will restore the ability to play those tracks with the data off again but only for the above mentioned 5-6 hours at which point all playback again fails with the error message above.
Is this normal DRM/license behavior for downloaded xbox music pass on WP8? If so, I guess this won't be good for use in the car since I'm not activating the cellular service on this lumia 520. Incidentally, this problem occurs whether the music is downloaded to the phone's internal memory or to the SD card. Hard resets and deleting my windows phone in the xbox music devices page and then re-registering the device doesn't work either.
Thanks,
N123

N123

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
There must be someone using their WP8 as a glorified zune (i.e. no active cellular data, download xbox tracks over wifi at home and then disconnect for playback in car without reconnecting data connection x days).

For those of you who use your WP8 in this manner, how long can you playback tracks before you have to reconnect data to refresh xbox music licenses? Does anyone have the same problem I have per the initial post in this thread?

Thanks,
N123

WNxAshik

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I have faced it. I own a 920 and used music pass to get some tracks offline.
Even though i am connected to wifi 24x7 at home, I got the license check error when i got offline for 30 mins.
But, once I did that, I never got the error again.

N123

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
So if I understand correctly, the first time you went offline you got the license problem. Then, once you refreshed the licenses one time by reconnecting to wifi, it never happened again?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro