Mapping problems

dinod

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
When I click on an address in contacts ("map work address", "map home address",...) it no longer goes to the true address. It now brings me to either the epicenter of the ZIP code or the epicenter of the city.

Then when getting directions via Here Drive+ or Waze it uses the incorrect destination point.

If I search for a place it works: via the Drive button or clicking on the listing then clicking on"address".

Needless to say not great.

I just switched to a different L822, so I thought it was specific to this device, but I just tried my wife's 8X & it does the same thing.

I've uninstalled my downloaded maps, then Here Maps then retested it - no luck. I've reinstalled Here & the maps...still no good. Rebooted numerous times.

My "Take me Home Tile" works perfectly as it uses GPS coordinate numbers.

When I copy/paste the full address directly into Here Maps/Drive+ it works perfectly.

What setting do we have wrong?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
There is something wrong with the information entered in the contact. Have you tried deleting the contact and reentering the information. Example: A friend had a zip code change he didn't move just the zip changed. He had that information entered incorrectly on FACEBOOK. I had his contact information linked with his Facebook so every time I tried to map his house it mapped me his old zip.

dinod

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Dave, I rechecked all of that. It worked earlier in the week with the same addresses. I use this mainly to get I into Waze. If I copy & paste directly into Drive+ or Waxe it works. It's just in the intermediate map/directions page, (the old WP7 mapping) is where it fails.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Well maybe there is something else then. I can tell you my issues was with the linked data. In other words the zip was correct when I looked at the contact information in the people hub. I could copy and paste it just as you say you are doing. In the end I had to stop Facebook sync delete and remake the contact information before it started working again. When I restaurant Facebook sync the issue returned. I had my friend fix his Facebook data, only then was the issue resolved.

The contact you are having issues with, is it linked to any other source? If that isn't it I'm stumped. Maybe Bing is using old map data these days.

jhajin

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the very same problem. It's not the contact record being corrupt because it fails on ALL my contacts. It's like WP is not handing over the address to Bing properly. Bing just sees the zip code and directs me to just somewhere (probably the center) in that zip code. There is nothing we are doing wrong. It's a WP or Bing problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6