"What kind of phone is that?"

Binoya Mathews

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
iPhones are expensive but that doesn't mean they are good...
Windows phones are great imo,just some people don't like its UI and not so much apps/games like android or iOS...That's why its population is low,but it's matter of time to get more famous...
Used an iPhone before ?

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
. if you want smart multitasking with great battery life and performance, there is only one OS which is far ahead than others atleast for now, iOS 7.

Hahaha! Thanks, we all needed the good laugh. I thought you were trying to create yet another lame argument in this forum. Glad you were just making a light hearted joke instead.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha! Thanks, we all needed the good laugh. I thought you were trying to create yet another lame argument in this forum. Glad you were just making a light hearted joke instead.
We all knew it was a matter of time before this thread would take this turn right?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I used to get asked that question time to time but since my white tpu gel case has become "grey" with age with some pen markings I don't any more :winktongue:.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I get asked about my phone at least once per week, and if people do not think the 1020 is having a halo effect in the US. The most common question I get asked is "is that the phone with the insane camera?"

I usually have to say something like its that phones little brother lol

pottyvick

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I have been asked before as well about my 925... And its usually "Is that the phone with that big camera?" ... I just say no but its the one just under it.

My biggest gripe with WP8 is the music multitasking. Playing a song (through the musix+videos app), then i happen to play a video on facebook, can't go back to the song... have to restart my playlist... This might be possible if (or when) the music app stays in the recent apps, but thats not always the case.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I did say that I've never used an iPhone, but that I was repeating what I'd heard. :wink:

Fair enough, I'm not here to say iOS is handled much better...I just think they're managed differently. It comes down to preference and really how the phone as a media device is used. Again, some may not consider it on topic but the battery drain is directly interleaved with the multitasking so I would dock a point there. Also, I did not use GDR3/Black (i am aware of the improvements on multitasking) and maybe my opinion would change or be swayed more.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I would argue they copied WebOS as theirs works almost exactly like WebOS...

Apple has a long, long history of appropriating other's efforts and calling their "new" products unique. The old, original Apple GUI system, versus DOS or other keypad input, was stolen from Xerox. The Apple OS is derived from FreeBSD, an early Unix, pre Linux port. Safari is derived from WebOS.

Most Apple-holics think Steve Jobs made light. NOT.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have been asked before as well about my 925... And its usually "Is that the phone with that big camera?" ... I just say no but its the one just under it.

My biggest gripe with WP8 is the music multitasking. Playing a song (through the musix+videos app), then i happen to play a video on facebook, can't go back to the song... have to restart my playlist... This might be possible if (or when) the music app stays in the recent apps, but thats not always the case.

Just tested the music portion. The song saves its place tho, unless the app was closed. Ms needs to fix that.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
WP8 "Hello World" the iOS and the android OS are finished. I recently made the switch from iOS because of the innovation on this platform. WP8 has done it. This platform is superior no doubt. It is a wrap. I am just waiting for the Apps to appear. Way to go WP8.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05