Missing email attachment

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I have an issue receiving an email attachment from a specific contact. He sends weekly meeting notes (word doc) and for whatever reason, the attachment does not come through with his email.

On my surface or any computer, there is no problem. Other contacts send me attachments and they come with their emails like normal on my phone.

It is JUST this one contact...any ideas here? I have deleted him and re-entered his contact info in my phonebook but still having this weird problem!

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Juanitoriv,

I am using the Lumia 1020. I noticed the same issue when I had my former 920 as well.

Again I deleted the contact and reentered the contact into "contacts" but still not successful!

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Doc, my next step would be to just delete the email account then Soft reset phone (off then on). Then re-enter/add the email account. Also if its a company account, triple ensure that your settings are correct when you do re-add.

What's weird is that you can see attachment from everyone else. Does this contact have any special settings? Have you tried going to the actual webmail? i.e. www.mymail.com

There's a reason this isn't working. We just need to figure it out.

Happy New Year!!!

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Juanitoriv,

Happy new year to you and everyone here as well...

The phone is not a company phone but a personal one. I will try to erase, reboot, and reenter the contact into phone book one more time and lets see how it goes...

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I would try to remove the actual email account and not just the contact. Then reboot and re-add. That's super weird though.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Are they sending directly to your email address or is their some kind of forwarding going on?

Ex: Person is sending to myemail@myemail.com but your phone has an @Hotmail / @live / @outlook email account associated to it.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Are you downloading the entire email? Sometimes you have to scroll down to the end of the email and tap on "Download entire message" or something like that and only then will the attachment pop up to be viewed. Do you see the paperclip icon next to the message in the message list?

Anglerdk

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Are you using hotmail? I have some emails where the attachment is missing (I am forwarding it, so I can se the original mail).. Actually I once experienced one of two PDF file was missing in the mail....

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I am using a Yahoo plus account. I also deleted and reinstalled this email account and deleted and reinstalled the contact. Still same problem.

My Surface Pro and my Asus laptop have no issues with this contact and receiving email attachments! Some bug in my phonebook contact card for this person??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes