Hi everyone, I'm coming from a Blackberry and I'm trying to figure out how to duplicate BB's Sleep Mode. I plug the phone in overnight.

What I'm looking for is:
    All notifications off (except calls) and morning alarm on.
    Clock on (dim)
    Touch screen in the morning and Sleep mode turns off

I just bought a Lumia 928
    Any Ideas how I can do this???

Thanks

Mark
    12-24-2013 06:13 PM
    If you're on GDR3, there's a way to pull this off.

First, turn Glance on. (settings>glance or settings>display+touch, depending on what version of extras+info you have.)
    Next, turn on Driving Mode. (settings>driving mode; GDR3 onwards). Set it up if you have to.
    Lock the screen while on the driving mode screen to...be able to turn it off when you've unlocked the phone in the morning.

Et voila. Not a perfect replacement, but it works!
    12-24-2013 07:24 PM
    If you're on GDR3, there's a way to pull this off.

First, turn Glance on. (settings>glance or settings>display+touch, depending on what version of extras+info you have.)
    Next, turn on Driving Mode. (settings>driving mode; GDR3 onwards). Set it up if you have to.
    Lock the screen while on the driving mode screen to...be able to turn it off when you've unlocked the phone in the morning.

Et voila. Not a perfect replacement, but it works!
    Thank you.

I have "Glance" but not "Driving Mode" so I guess I don't have GDR3?

Thanks anyway...
    12-24-2013 07:47 PM
    If it's not possible to have a sleep mode how does everyone set up their phone for nighttime???
    12-25-2013 04:01 PM
    If it's not possible to have a sleep mode how does everyone set up their phone for nighttime???
    Glance on night mode and battery saver ;)
    12-25-2013 04:07 PM
    I am also frustrated on the capablities of the nokia. I absolutly hated the Crackberry as a semi-smartphone but it did have a few strong points such as the sleep mode which you could program any notification to ring at any volume depending on the time of day. I work for a multinational company amd out finance groupe is based in europe... with the black berry i could set it to not give loud notifications to emails or texts but make phone calls loud between a certin set of hours. My work phone is for work... when it rings i want to be certain its work waking me up at 3am (thats when i start the billing)
    10-21-2014 01:24 AM
    Have you tried quiet hours? If you have the update that is
    10-21-2014 01:43 AM
    Quiet hours works but still has limitations around letting email and or SMS messages thru. I use quiet hours all the time bit it gets troubling when I get an urgent email notifying me of outages and I don't get the sound notification cause quiet hour or turned on.
    11-13-2014 03:07 PM
    Quiet hours works but still has limitations around letting email and or SMS messages thru. I use quiet hours all the time bit it gets troubling when I get an urgent email notifying me of outages and I don't get the sound notification cause quiet hour or turned on.
    If you set up your Inner Circle you can let through the IMPORTANT contacts and never miss the IMPORTANT stuff.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-13-2014 04:12 PM
    If you set up your Inner Circle you can let through the IMPORTANT contacts and never miss the IMPORTANT stuff.
    Will give it a try tonight.
    Next would be nice if could change the sound based on schedule or profile but thats not what quiet hours is for.
    Missing this option that was in Windows Mobile and my HTC days.
    11-20-2014 09:02 AM