Attach a pdf to email how to

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey All, I'm posting this because I continuously see comments in threads moaning about how they can't send a pdf from their phone via email. While I grant you it may not be intuitive, it isn't hard. And even though this has been discussed numerous times before some people still don't realize how easy it is. If you have opened the pdf on your phone it should show up in the Office hub. Under places go to documents on your phone. Find the pdf. Long press it. Select share. Select Outlook. Compose and send email. Done.

wp_ss_20131226_0004.png

wp_ss_20131226_0003.png

I'm going to ask the mods to lock this thread. My intent wasn't to stir up a bunch of negative posts on things that have already been beaten to death in these very forums.

Last edited:

MXI

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This is my biggest problem with my Windows phone and one of the biggest hurdles for me recommending it for business.

Unfortunately you have to save it to Skydrive for that to work. Which is a hard thing for me to recommend to do for our business users (saving corporate docs to personal Skydrive). If the Office/Places/Email (opened attachments) respected PDF files, then we would be in business. Unfortunately it doesn't (at least for me).

The other annoying issue is to attach a file directly to an existing email chain, this should have been addressed by now. At the very least attach from your Skydrive should be there!

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Makes you wonder about all the noise Nokia is making about their enterprise usage increasing, must be sending pictures around those offices....

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
This is my biggest problem with my Windows phone and one of the biggest hurdles for me recommending it for business.

Unfortunately you have to save it to Skydrive for that to work. Which is a hard thing for me to recommend to do for our business users (saving corporate docs to personal Skydrive). If the Office/Places/Email (opened attachments) respected PDF files, then we would be in business. Unfortunately it doesn't (at least for me). I'm not using my phone for business although I understand your point. My point was to address the basic misunderstanding that attaching a pdf "just can't be done", which is wrong. I will concede that there are improvements that need to be addressed though. I don't know why Outlook doesn't handle pdfs the same way it handles every other Office document. Personally I just transfer the docs to my phone. I don't use SkyDrive or any "cloud" storage very much.

The other annoying issue is to attach a file directly to an existing email chain, this should have been addressed by now. At the very least attach from your Skydrive should be there!
I'm not using my phone for business although I understand your point. My point was to address the basic misunderstanding that attaching a pdf "just can't be done", which is wrong. I will concede that there are improvements that need to be addressed though. I don't know why Outlook doesn't handle pdfs the same way it handles every other Office document. Personally I just transfer the docs to my phone. I don't use SkyDrive or any "cloud" storage very much.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
An even simpler solution is the Mail Plus app. It lets you attach multiple docs on a single email, just like in the old days with Windows Mobile. Why MS didn't incorporate WM's Outlook into WP7/8 is beyond me. Oh yeah that's right, you'd need a file manager to locate your files and many threads have indicated how file managers aren't needed. Rant over.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
An even simpler solution is the Mail Plus app. It lets you attach multiple docs on a single email, just like in the old days with Windows Mobile. Why MS didn't incorporate WM's Outlook into WP7/8 is beyond me. Oh yeah that's right, you'd need a file manager to locate your files and many threads have indicated how file managers aren't needed. Rant over.
Yeah, that would be "easy" way. It's kind of the way most people expect to do it as well.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey All, I'm posting this because I continuously see comments in threads moaning about how they can't send a pdf from their phone via email. While I grant you it may not be intuitive, it isn't hard. And even though this has been discussed numerous times before some people still don't realize how easy it is. If you have opened the pdf on your phone it should show up in the Office hub. Under places go to documents on your phone. Find the pdf. Long press it. Select share. Select Outlook. Compose and send email. Done.

Great! Now attach the 2nd pdf. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb