Video thumbnails problem. Anybody know how to fix this ?

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys maybe you could help me resolve this problem.. I have few videos taken with my L928 today and I want to send them to my friends/family with Whatsapp. As you know it sends only 19mb/ or first few seconds and my videos are "big" from 30-180mb, so i resized them with Format Factory on PC and moved them back to L928 creating VIDEO folder. Now the problem is on my phone (/nor PC) the videos doesn't show thumbnails and it makes it bit hard to know which one is what... take a look at this
VIDEO.png
The TOP window is the same folder from phone opened on PC - no thumbnails
The BOTTOM window is a new folder on PC containing copy-pasted files FROM TOP window - shows thumbnails
And on the right is a screenshot of Video folder on phone - no thumbnails again
I sent one video with whatsapp and it also show black square on my phone and on "receivers" too

any idea how to make it show thumbnails? any help will be greatly appreciated

ps. I copy-pasted old not edited video taken with the same phone to VIDEO folder and on phone it shows thumbnail

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
It's because of the video format.
Try using another video codec. there's a free software called Free Studio Dvd videosoft (google/bing it) Download and install it on your PC and use the video to iPhone tool provided inside, match the wanted resolution and that's it. You should get the thumbnails now.

SirNic

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
As xratola said as soon as you convert to another format thumbnails will appear for each video clip.
DivX is the best format for sending videos in WhatsApp, in the U.K 16MB is the maximum file size allowed.
I cannot confirm this but I think ALL videos are received sized at 320x240 even if originally filmed at 1920x1080, as is the default recording size on the Samsung ATIV.
It is possible to send a video in it's original 1920x1080 HD state and unlimited file size however you would have to lower the bitrate level first otherwise the recipients phone would keep 'buffering', the video would keep pausing.
Once you have re-rendered the video at a lower bitrate then upload the video onto one of the file storage servers which offer direct links.
i.e Uploaded, Rapidshare then after uploading the video you can send the direct link to the recipient anywhere in the world, soon as the link is clicked the video would stream in the recipients phone.

Attachments

• render.png
    render.png
    108.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12