Upgrading to 8.1

Sebastianx

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi is there any way to upgrade to 8.1 ? I am currently using my netbook but it can't run metro apps? Is there any way install 8.1 aside from downloading an official image of 8.1?

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Why can't you run metro apps?

He's probably limited to a 1024x600 screen resolution.

Also, didn't catch that with my first post. TC, you'll have to connect to an external monitor to be able to run the Windows Store to download the 8.1 update. Otherwise, you'll need to update from media (either DVD or USB).

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Also, didn't catch that with my first post. TC, you'll have to connect to an external monitor to be able to run the Windows Store to download the 8.1 update. Otherwise, you'll need to update from media (either DVD or USB).

Wow, learned something new today! :D

Sebastianx

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for this. Gonna update,this thread if there will be any success 😉

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Wow, learned something new today! :D

Me too, I had no clue!

If you are using a KMS activated version or an enterprise edition of windows then you will not get the windows 8.1

We found this out at work. We are a Microsoft partner and therefore we use Windows Enterprise. When 8.1 was released we had to download the full ISO and reinstall Windows. We actually stayed on Windows 7 until 8.1 was released, but we did have 1 or 2 machines with Windows 8 that we discovered couldn't update through the Store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)