12-30-2013 10:30 PM
41 12
tools
    Is the annoying "Rate my app" alerts. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind getting the alerts when I first install an app

But why is it sporadically when i open an app that I have already reviewed, i get the "Rate my app" notification and then when i click it to rate, I discover i already did it.
    This happens with several apps. Is there something i am missing on why it keeps asking me to rate apps i've already rated/reviewed?

Of course, if this is the most annoying thing about windows phone, then you can tell I am mostly happy :D
    Guytronic likes this.
    12-29-2013 06:17 PM
    If you have an ios device it's. Waaaay worse. At least it goes away when you rate the app on Windows phone.
    12-29-2013 06:22 PM
    If you have an ios device it's. Waaaay worse. At least it goes away when you rate the app on Windows phone.
    Oh dear LOL.
    But that's the problem, I've already rated the app and it still pops up. I rated 6tag many many months ago and it just popped up now asking me to rate again.
    Guytronic and CamiKitti like this.
    12-29-2013 06:34 PM
    I would just re-rate the app with one star explaining the reason for it is because the constant review reminder.

The Flixter app is one of my favorite apps, but if I ever see the rate my app on that app again, I'll give it a one star.

I know developers want people to provide feedback and boost their app, but that little popup is really tacky and obnoxious.
    12-29-2013 06:35 PM
    I would just re-rate the app with one star explaining the reason for it is because the constant review reminder.

The Flixter app is one of my favorite apps, but if I ever see the rate my app on that app again, I'll give it a one star.

I know developers want people to provide feedback and boost their app, but that little popup is really tacky and obnoxious.
    That's odd. I've been using the Flixter app since the L920 launch in 11/2012 and, while admittedly I only open it up now and then to check show times, I've never seen the "rate this app" popup when I launch it. I haven't even rated it.
    12-29-2013 06:41 PM
    We still cannot sort a range of cells held within a Table in Excel. Android (and I assume iOS) don't have this issue when viewing Excel spreadsheets from their respective browsers. I suppose it makes sense since data held in a Table is often tied (at least with Mobile Office) to the other data that share rows, but sorting should totally be possible if the selected range is the entire Table. I use Excel for a lot of things and its native existence on Windows Phone is one of the biggest reasons I love the platform. So sorting would be very much desirable.
    12-29-2013 10:05 PM
    We still cannot sort a range of cells held within a Table in Excel. Android (and I assume iOS) don't have this issue when viewing Excel spreadsheets from their respective browsers. I suppose it makes sense since data held in a Table is often tied (at least with Mobile Office) to the other data that share rows, but sorting should totally be possible if the selected range is the entire Table. I use Excel for a lot of things and its native existence on Windows Phone is one of the biggest reasons I love the platform. So sorting would be very much desirable.
    you can totally sort data in excel on Office mobile on WP. You can highlight the entire the table you want sorted, and the tap the up arrow/down arrow. You can then choose your sort options, including to sort by multiple headers- first by x ascending, then by y descending etc.
    12-29-2013 10:37 PM
    you can totally sort data in excel on Office mobile on WP. You can highlight the entire the table you want sorted, and the tap the up arrow/down arrow. You can then choose your sort options, including to sort by multiple headers- first by x ascending, then by y descending etc.
    Yes, you can sort. But you can't sort a Table. Those named ranges that have their own Ribbon tab when you're working within them.

Heh, I always seem to confuse people whenever I refer to a Table in Excel. Is there a better term I should be using beyond capitalizing the term in text?
    FinancialP and tgp like this.
    12-29-2013 11:50 PM
    I am talking about, for example, a table of 5x 5 cells, with its own headings, and there can be several such tables in an excel file.
    apologies, if I have still misunderstood you.
    12-30-2013 12:16 AM
    I am talking about, for example, a table of 5x 5 cells, with its own headings, and there can be several such tables in an excel file.
    apologies, if I have still misunderstood you.
    I'm talking about going into Excel, going to the Insert tab, and creating a Table (like you would in Word). Another annoyance is that even the most basic of Tables (even a blank one) will lock that sheet (and I guess workbook under certain conditions) from edits.
    12-30-2013 07:34 AM
    Heh, I always seem to confuse people whenever I refer to a Table in Excel. Is there a better term I should be using beyond capitalizing the term in text?
    Nope, you are plenty clear. It shouldn't even be capitalized. Most people probably have no clue what a table in Excel is, or don't use them. I use tables in Excel a lot, but I haven't used them on a mobile device, WP, Android, or iOS, so I can't offer any advice there.
    12-30-2013 08:59 AM
    Not being able to go forward in Internet Explorer. Going back a page is odd too. Sometimes it closes IE?
    Fazmi and donebrasko like this.
    12-30-2013 09:28 AM
    Oh I didn't mean for this to turn into a thread about what annoys us about windows phone lol. It was just this one thing for me haha.
    12-30-2013 09:33 AM
    Oh. Sorry. The title, on my phone, reads "The most annoying thing..." "Forward" in IE popped into my head. Its annoying.
    Best Wishes, No Worries
    Nogitsune Micah likes this.
    12-30-2013 09:37 AM
    Oh. Sorry. The title, on my phone, reads "The most annoying thing..." "Forward" in IE popped into my head. Its annoying.
    Best Wishes, No Worries
    haha its okay. I just didn't want anyone to think I was bashing it or anything lol :P

Feel free to share away :P
    12-30-2013 09:55 AM
    lol Oh. Well, the Rate My App popups are annoying, but at least I see very few of them since I don't use that many apps. I think only one or two have it...
    12-30-2013 09:58 AM
    For me its the duplicate pictures and other storage.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    12-30-2013 09:59 AM
    For me the inability to upload docs file from the browser like in Android. Hope Microsoft fix this in a future upgrade.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    12-30-2013 10:04 AM
    You have to rate the app every quarter. Things change thats why you have to rate them again so that they are refreshed.

The most annoying thing I find with wp is word wrap/text wrap
    12-30-2013 10:08 AM
    I always thought the app rating was based on the app. Some apps I never see it, and others (I'm looking at you Temple Run 2) I get it after every....single.....run....
    12-30-2013 10:23 AM
    Is the annoying "Rate my app" alerts. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind getting the alerts when I first install an app

But why is it sporadically when i open an app that I have already reviewed, i get the "Rate my app" notification and then when i click it to rate, I discover i already did it.
    This happens with several apps. Is there something i am missing on why it keeps asking me to rate apps i've already rated/reviewed?

Of course, if this is the most annoying thing about windows phone, then you can tell I am mostly happy :D
    NO! The most annoying thing is the volume for EVERYTHING. I don't want to constantly change my volume
    12-30-2013 11:51 AM
    NO! The most annoying thing is the volume for EVERYTHING. I don't want to constantly change my volume
    I've long gotten used to this by now lol

Kind of like the multitasking. I rarely ever use the x to close feature now haha
    12-30-2013 12:16 PM
    Have to agree with the volume control as most annoying. I like my ring volume med-low, but alarm load, and rest vary. I also can't stand the fact that I can't empty my junk mail box, although for some reason I think I am the only one with that problem since everyone else gets a "empty folder option" and I do not.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    12-30-2013 12:32 PM
    I have Android right now and I get random messages (which sound exactly like text messages making it even more annoying) to tell me I haven't used apps in a while, there are new apps in the store, blah blah blah.
    12-30-2013 12:41 PM
    I know if you uninstall an app and reinstall it it's like they never knew you rated it and they ask again.
    12-30-2013 01:08 PM
41 12