Question about backup up data

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I am very angry with wp8 because I have a Lumia 820 for 2 months and I have done already a factory reset because of other storage . Now I must to do again because I have 400 kb left . Other storage is 3.5 GB plus 1.9 GB system =5.4 GB and I can use 7.2 GB as my phone has 8gb storage . So I don't have enough space to download apps and I have to uninstall my favorite apps to install a new one . My question is can I somehow backup my game progress and restore it when I reset my phone (prefer without PC) or any solution to other storage problem?

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Handful of games, especially Xbox, IAP enabled & Gameloft games offer cloud saves. So you are good to reset or even switch devices and continue your game.
For "other storage" try using the app 'storage cleaner' from the store.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Are you syncing pictures to SkyDrive? I disabled that and I don't have the "other" problem anymore. I also don't have any games on my phone so I don't know that might affect the "other" issue. Currently my "other" is at 608MB. I know this doesn't help with your current situation much, but, if you are syncing to SkyDrive try disabling that and removing any temporary files that you can. Why not add some storage via the MicroSD slot (no mention of it in your post so I don't know if you have one already)? You could at least move all your maps and media files onto that to free up some room.

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
No I don't upload photos to SkyDrive. And yes I have a 32 GB SD card and I save all the songs I download from the phone there and also all the photos .

Sent from my RM-825_eu_greece_250 using Tapatalk

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I did a factory reset and now already I have 1gb other data . What is going on here

Sent from my RM-825_eu_greece_250 using Tapatalk

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Are you syncing pictures to SkyDrive? I disabled that and I don't have the "other" problem anymore. I also don't have any games on my phone so I don't know that might affect the "other" issue. Currently my "other" is at 608MB. I know this doesn't help with your current situation much, but, if you are syncing to SkyDrive try disabling that and removing any temporary files that you can. Why not add some storage via the MicroSD slot (no mention of it in your post so I don't know if you have one already)? You could at least move all your maps and media files onto that to free up some room.
I do sync my photos with SkyDrive (about 600) on my Lumia 920. I also sync Office documents. And yet, according to Nokia's Storage Check my System is 1.6 GB and Other is 362 MB. Not that I miss the high Other storage others are reporting.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I do sync my photos with SkyDrive (about 600) on my Lumia 920. I also sync Office documents. And yet, according to Nokia's Storage Check my System is 1.6 GB and Other is 362 MB. Not that I miss the high Other storage others are reporting.
I've seen posts indicating that this was a problem for some people and my "other" grew steadily until I disabled it. I disabled it before it got out of control and since have done a hard reset for reasons unrelated to "other". My experience was also pre GDR2 so I can't say if anythings been improved or not. I'm not a "Cloud " fan so I just back up my pix to my laptop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786