Skype reliability

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Not a fan of Skype on the phone, but tested it cause i might have some interview and i don't have a webcam and mic etc..

Anyway, the video call did not came, not until i went directly into skype and waited. There is no Skype in Background tasks but i have enabled 'offline messages' or whatever is called.

When you connect, it works somehwat ok, audio is delayed a bit so you interrupt each other's sentences..

Last few days i've noticed quite a few BIG misshaps with WP8, pathethic PDF support and now Skype not recieving calls when in background... Not cool this at all.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I dont typically use Skype, but my dad occasionally calls me through Skype when he has downtime at work. I never have Skype "launched" in the background or anything and the calls come through just fine.

Generally speaking though Skype and unreliability is a problem, yes. Skype crew themselves sorta said that moving from peer-to-peer to cloud is more or less the cause. They don't have deep experience with using the cloud cos Skype worked on peer-to-peer for so long. It'll probably get better over time..

poots1101

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
skype reliability = oxymoron AMRITE??

on a serious note, i've never had an issue taking a skype video call. i don't have it 'queued' up in the background. however, skype is extremely disappointing compared to competitor services (google hangouts).

just some 'fun bugs' to iron out, i guess....

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Nah, as soon as i back out of it, i'm shown as offline. It isn't in background tasks either. Which i actually realised it's fine with me, open it only for video calls, otherwise use it only on PC..

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Skype used to be EXTREMELY unreliable in receiving messages which can be delayed for hours or even days. But since an update a couple of week ago, incoming messages has been extremely reliable. I have made calls (but not video calls) and they work fine.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Skype is almost perfect for me but it doesn't give me any notifications on group chats. Video calls and normal calls have worked well to. Answered a skype call without the Skype app being open.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon