iTunes won't accept songs downloaded from Nokia Music.

Pratyush Kaushal

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've a Lumia 920 running the windows phone 8 Amber update, and the one year free Nokia Music subscription has been a godsend. My music collection's huge and I'd been wanting a device to store it all in one place. So recently I purchased an iPod Classic 160gb. Now the problem I'm facing involves the transferring of files I've downloaded from Nokia Music to iTunes. The version of iTunes I'm using is 10.7 (if at all that is relevant). So when iTunes scans my music library on my laptop, the only songs that get added to its library are the ones not downloaded from Nokia Music. I tried adding the songs from Nokia Music manually as well (by dragging the music folder or file onto iTunes), but to no avail. It just doesn't seem to read them. Any help pertaining to this problem would be extremely welcome.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
i'm gonna take a crack at this, please bear in mind that i'm not 100% sure on my answer, but... from what you describe i dont believe you actually "own" the songs you have downloaded from your nokia music subscription, what you have is the right to download for off line play as long as you maintain your subscription, this is why you cant transfer the music to a non nokia subscription device, the subscription gives you usage rights, not ownership rights, to transfer your music to Itunes you would most likely have to "buy" the song

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
i'm gonna take a crack at this, please bear in mind that i'm not 100% sure on my answer, but... from what you describe i dont believe you actually "own" the songs you have downloaded from your nokia music subscription, what you have is the right to download for off line play as long as you maintain your subscription, this is why you cant transfer the music to a non nokia subscription device, the subscription gives you usage rights, not ownership rights, to transfer your music to Itunes you would most likely have to "buy" the song
Yeah, this sounds right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss