2013 Ends .....what we are still missing here on our WP8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
So, 2013 ends, it's a good year for WP8 but what about WP8 users?

Lets start -
1) GDR3 update - Anyone who said that WP update cycle is fast then he is completely wrong. Even Moto G get Android 4.4 update but we didn't get GDR3. When this is the situation with small updates, only god know's when we'll get WP8.1 ..

2) File-Manager - It's the most demanded feature in WP8. Well few user don't want this(or hate this feature) but I and many other users think this feature as one of the most important.
Still no news about this feature coming on WP or not.

3) Let's talk about some games like - Temple Run 2 and OZ, Subway Surfer etc still waiting for these games to come on 512MB RAM devices.

4) Opera Mini- I think someone spread wrong rumor about Opera Mini coming on WP. Their is no news about this. Opera and Google treat WP same way.

5) VLC - Well we are still missing some good free video players.

Let's hope 2014 will be a better year for WP users and these all pending things will be done soon.

Anyone want to add something here.,..,,,,

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
So, 2013 ends, it's a good year for WP8 but what about WP8 users?

Lets start -
1) GDR3 update - Anyone who said that WP update cycle is fast then he is completely wrong. Even Moto G get Android 4.4 update but we didn't get GDR3. When this is the situation with small updates, only god know's when we'll get WP8.1 ..

2) File-Manager - It's the most demanded feature in WP8. Well few user don't want this(or hate this feature) but I and many other users think this feature as one of the most important.
Still no news about this feature coming on WP or not.

3) Let's talk about some games like - Temple Run 2 and OZ, Subway Surfer etc still waiting for these games to come on 512MB RAM devices.

4) Opera Mini- I think someone spread wrong rumor about Opera Mini coming on WP. Their is no news about this. Opera and Google treat WP same way.

5) VLC - Well we are still missing some good free video players.

Let's hope 2014 will be a better year for WP users and these all pending things will be done soon.

Anyone want to add something here.,..,,,,

1) well w8 has received 2 updates in one year and they were spaced 6 months between ( depends on the carrier and region) and they said in the first quarter of 2014 is when nokia devices will get GDR3
2) ehhhh on this one its not a few users who don't want it its split in half who want a file manager. if there was a poll about file manager. I have a feeling it would be close to 50/50.and I and many users don't see it as an important feature
3) games.... hmmm well I think they will optimize them soon. Joe Belfiore did state that there will be available for them. besides it not like they can snap their fingers and have done, users have to have some patients
4) ok yes I need more browsers but if its a rumor then lets treat it as on and not expect it to come out
5) I thought they were working on one. they made an article about it

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
1. Airdroid type of app (not completely neccessary)
2. TEXT-REFLOW, for browsers and PDF readers.. (completely neccessary)
3. IE is great, but PLEASE don't reload the page when i press back, only reason why i want Opera Mini. UC Browser does this but it's a buggy junk.
4. Silent profile
5. LED notifications, but that's out of the window for current phone owners..

Sure there's more..

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
"Anyone want to add something here.,..,,,,"

Yea. Don't give a damm about any of those things...

All those above are important for me I didn't said it was important for everyone.
If you don't want anything, then least you can do is stay out of this thread instead of posting nonsense commenting. Clearly it's not for you

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
1) well w8 has received 2 updates in one year and they were spaced 6 months between ( depends on the carrier and region) and they said in the first quarter of 2014 is when nokia devices will get GDR3
2) ehhhh on this one its not a few users who don't want it its split in half who want a file manager. if there was a poll about file manager. I have a feeling it would be close to 50/50.and I and many users don't see it as an important feature
3) games.... hmmm well I think they will optimize them soon. Joe Belfiore did state that there will be available for them. besides it not like they can snap their fingers and have done, users have to have some patients
4) ok yes I need more browsers but if its a rumor then lets treat it as on and not expect it to come out
5) I thought they were working on one. they made an article about it

1) We didn't get this update till now, WP update cycle is getting slower and slower every time with every new update.

2)Feature Suggestions: Top (42784 ideas) – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone
If this much users want it , then I don't see any point to delaying or not providing it., It's the most demanded feature.

3) It's not available for 512MB RAM and no one said when it's coming. is it in Jan,Feb, Mar ...June when. All they say soon. I hate this word.

4)......
5)) Yeah! they said coming soon. Again Soon. Never believe in this word.

xyronaut

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to add few more:
6. Flipboard
7. Path

They clearly stated back in July these two would be available by end 2013. Even Instagram beta came in without any "official promise" it would be available in 2013.

I don't really get the delay reason on PATH. Screenshot in July, demo in September, & private beta couple weeks ago. Why the tease?!?!? Let it out already for God's sake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb