I no longer think the driving-mode in GDR3 is a gimmick.

Last night I was picking up my kid from a NY party at a friend's house I'd never been to before. We were texting back and forth, which would be illegal in Massachusetts if I used my fingers. But with Driving Mode, it alerted me (via Bluetooth) whenever a new text arrived, asked if I wanted to listen to it, and then enabled me to dictate a reply. I'm not sure why reviewers say winphone's speech recognition capabilities are limited - this worked fabulously.

(note: this was on a Lumia 928)
    James8561, I_am_beat and aximtreo like this.
    01-01-2014 11:21 AM
    I no longer think the driving-mode in GDR3 is a gimmick.

Last night I was picking up my kid from a NY party at a friend's house I'd never been to before. We were texting back and forth, which would be illegal in Massachusetts if I used my fingers. But with Driving Mode, it alerted me (via Bluetooth) whenever a new text arrived, asked if I wanted to listen to it, and then enabled me to dictate a reply. I'm not sure why reviewers say winphone's speech recognition capabilities are limited - this worked fabulously.

(note: this was on a Lumia 928)
    Its a perfect app for all those people out there who wanna access the phone without risking their lives. !!

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD
    01-01-2014 11:37 AM
    You don't need the new Driving mode for this. It's actually been there since the Mango update to WP7, which came out in the summer of 2011. I don't even think any features have been added to it since then. Speech recognition has improved, but that is a function of use over time - it learns when you use it. When you say, "Try again," it keeps trying, and learns from the experience.

Glad it was helpful to you.
    01-01-2014 11:38 AM