Get WP 8 SDK mini on WINDOWS 7

khader_moham

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Note: Get the complete Sdk on Windows 7 here (64 bit only)
http://forums.windowscentral.com/so...343-tut-install-full-wp8-sdk-windows-7-a.html

Windows Phone SDK on WINDOWS 7 - YouTube

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS

1) Download: Zippyshare.com - WP8 SDK Tools Lite Setup Av1.0.zip... (65 MB)
2) Extract the zip file and run InstallWP8SDKToolsLite.bat to start the installation!*
3) After a few minutes WP8 Lite SDK should be installed on Windows 7 and Windows 8
4) Make sure you have an active (Free) Windows Phone Developer account registered

* If a "Connectivity.dll" error shows up during the SDK installation make sure to install .NET Framework 4.5.1 before running the SDK installation which can be downloaded here: Microsoft Download Center ... x?id=40779 (66 MB)
** If an "IpOverUsbSvc" error shows up in one of the tools and you have already tried rebooting your PC, try reinstalling your Phones drivers by switching it to an other USB port and make sure Windows Update downloads the drivers

Thanks to Arnold Wink for the MiNi WP8 SDK
Arnold Vink ?€? View topic - [Info] TimeMe 1Min Install and Free Phone Unlock Information

Update: Working link added

Last edited:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Get WP 8 SDK on WINDOWS 7

Thanks for this, I now have it on my Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit laptop.

You might want to take a look at the first URL though, it throws up an Apache error ;)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

The title is misleading, you can't create WP apps using Windows 7, it's not the full SDK it's just the ability to dev unlock and deploy xap files.

I_am_beat

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

I now can confirm that this really works. I was able to download and install SDK 8 tool on my Win7 laptop: ) Everything works fine, I have registered my Lumia 820 with SDK tool. Now the only thing I cannot do - deploy xap files. Why?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

The title is Get WP8 SDK on windows 7, which it does

Except it doesn't, the full SDK or Software Development Kit gives you everything you need to develop apps for WP8 not just dev unlock and xap file deployment that this does.

Last edited:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

Hence the app has lite in it

Not in the title though ;)

It's not even a "Lite" version, it's just the two elements of the full development kit bundled together for developer registration and xap file deployment.

Last edited:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Not in the title though ;)

Yeah, when I saw this, I thought, "Wow, this could be big for the people who have not upgraded to Win8 for one reason or another." But as it turns out, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

I_am_beat

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

And yeah - it works perfectly! Yesterday I was trying to deploy one app and I didn't succeed but today I've tried to deploy another one app and it worked: ) Installed the app through pc: )

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Windows Phone SDK on WINDOWS 7 - YouTube

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS

1) Download: http://www48.zippyshare.com/v/61043840/file.html... (65 MB)
2) Extract the zip file and run InstallWP8SDKToolsLite.bat to start the installation!*
3) After a few minutes WP8 Lite SDK should be installed on Windows 7 and Windows 8
4) Make sure you have an active (Free) Windows Phone Developer account registered

* If a "Connectivity.dll" error shows up during the SDK installation make sure to install .NET Framework 4.5.1 before running the SDK installation which can be downloaded here: Microsoft Download Center ... x?id=40779 (66 MB)
** If an "IpOverUsbSvc" error shows up in one of the tools and you have already tried rebooting your PC, try reinstalling your Phones drivers by switching it to an other USB port and make sure Windows Update downloads the drivers

Thanks to Arnold Wink for the MiNi WP8 SDK
http://dhost.info/vink/avink/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4&sid=ccbd2d48ec5475ae2495402fe47fe82f

Update: Working link added
Thanks,does this work on Windows 8.1 32 bit also? The official version works on 64 bit only

khader_moham

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, when I saw this, I thought, "Wow, this could be big for the people who have not upgraded to Win8 for one reason or another." But as it turns out, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Ah yes, my mistake for not mentioning that its not the full SDK
But however, i will post another method shortly to get full Sdk on windows 7

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

Ah yes, my mistake for not mentioning that its not the full SDK
But however, i will post another method shortly to get full Sdk on windows 7

I would be interested to see that happen as the full SDK only runs on Windows 8/8.1 64-bit officially 😉

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster