Problem with date and time Huawei W1

rjohnson1990

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have a Huawei W1 Windows 8 phone I have purchased for Straight Talk. For some reason, my phone kept freezing, restarting on its own and freezing some more. It finally started to work right again but the time and date was wrong. I reset the time and date to the actual time and date it was. After restarting my phone, the time and date reset different again. As of now, my phone is telling me it's September 1, 2012 at 8:42 PM. Of course the date is wrong considering it is now January 2, 2014 and the correct time right now is 11:02 AM. Every time I restart my phone, It gives me a different time but sometimes the date stays the same.

I've pulled the battery and have done a factory reset but still have the same problem. Has anyone encountered this problem before or know of a solution?

Ever since a few weeks ago, I've been having problems with this phone. I was loving it up until then. Whenever I watch videos on Vine or play games, it likes to randomly restart as well.

It's almost to the point where I want to switch back to Android and that's something I never thought I would do after switching to a Windows 8 phone.

Thank you in advance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have just noticed that when taking a photo, it says "Waiting to upload". Photos have never taken a long time to upload to my Skydrive.

Last edited:

Joene90

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Is it still under warranty? You might want to get it replaced, as it obviously shouldn't be rebooting all the time when you're watching videos.

For the date and time what you could try is change "automatically set time" to off, manually set up your time and date and time zone and then set it on again.

rjohnson1990

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, Straight Talk does not offer a warranty on phones. Walmart only has their money back guarantee but I've had the phone for about 5 months now.

As for the automatic set time, I have turned it off, set the date and time to the current date and time and turned it back on. Once the phone goes off, it changes again. The date and time part was fine up until last night. I did a factory reset and it started happening again.

I've pulled the battery out and held the power button for 10 seconds to run out the excess power. That did nothing either.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've also just learned that the Windows Phone boots up quicker without the SD card than it does with it in. A little info for those who may not know.

Last edited:

rjohnson1990

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure. The only warranty I know of that the phone came with was the 30 days money back or whatever it is that Walmart does. I read that Straight Talk does offer a warranty. Took me a while to find it. The only problem is they offer the warranty on devices if you've had it less than a year. I'm not sure how they could tell if I don't have the receipt. Maybe they can notice that I have added the device to my account when I purchased it and I spoke to customer service to help get it switched from my old phone. I can give them a call and see what they can do for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise