iTunes library to Nokia 1020

jimmynexus

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I have recently been trying to get songs form my iTunes library to my 1020. I tried using the 'Windows phone' program for my mac but it doesn't recognise most of my library which is annoying. all the songs that it isn't noticing have been purchased from iTunes as well.
Does anyone know of a mother way that I can get the songs onto the phone?

Regards

James.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
If you have old files they have Fairplay DRM on them which anything other than an Apple device won't play.

You might be able to upgrade your library via Apple and pay to remove the DRM from those files you 'purchased'. Lol.

Or there are tools that Bing can help you find.

E.g. 4 Free or Free-trial iTunes DRM Removal Software | 2013

(I'm not recommending any specifically - these may destroy your PC )

jimmynexus

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks. I shall have a look into that, Ah, that makes sense then, It does seem to be the older music from the store that isn't recognised :)

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
If you have old files they have Fairplay DRM on them which anything other than an Apple device won't play.

You might be able to upgrade your library via Apple and pay to remove the DRM from those files you 'purchased'. Lol.

Or there are tools that Bing can help you find.

E.g. 4 Free or Free-trial iTunes DRM Removal Software | 2013

(I'm not recommending any specifically - these may destroy your PC )

I think a third party solution is needed here. IIRC Apple no longer does that.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
If you'd like you can convert them to mp3 using iTunes. Then your phone will recognize and play them. I'm not sure how this effects the DRM though as I don't have anything that was purchased from iTunes. Also if you try to drag and drop them onto the phone using explorer, explorer will offer to convert them for you (at least it does in in Windows 8.1). I don't use anything to sync. I just drag and drop onto the phone.

jimmynexus

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks :) I could try the dragging and dropping. Im on Mac and OSX though, when I plug the phone in it doesn't come up as a device :(

agd87

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
A bit of a long winded process but you can get rid of the DRM by burning the tracks onto a cdr as an audio cd and then re-upload them into itunes.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
A bit of a long winded process but you can get rid of the DRM by burning the tracks onto a cdr as an audio cd and then re-upload them into itunes.
If the OP goes this route then he can also re-import them as mp3. That would end up solving both issues. How much of a pain it will be will depend on how many tracks they he has to process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99