What is up with the app store reviews?

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I think this has been said before, but the app store review system is horrible. It really annoys me when I see 1 star reviews that have only the letter "B" to say why it deserves 1 star or better yet when it says Muy Bueno(Very Good in English) with a 1 star rating, lastly when someone obviously wasn't going to like the app before they tried it and says hoe they don't like endless running games on an obvious endless running game. Why these things annoy me is because if an app has 5 stars but dumb obnoxious people are trying to bring it down for no apparent reason, the lower the rating the more likely it is too result in less support. The specific app I am talking about Is my favorite game Subway Surfers, but after looking at the bad ratings on this game I went and looked at other ratings and saw that they all had similar "bad" ratings. I am starting to wonder is it a bot or someone purposefully doing it because I remember hearing about some software being used on the store that gave your competition bad ratings and your app good ratings. Does Microsoft even have a person that reviews the app reviews before they get posted? I just hope that the windows phone store will become more like the windows store and have the option to report a review and state it helpful or not helpful. That would really help a lot. What are your thoughts?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Wish we could pick the most helpful and ignore the knucklehead one star reviews.

I agree the reviews are all over the place and quite a few have nothing to offer for those wanting to see a valid trend for apps good and not so good.
I know from the other thread going about this any developer would be most frustrated with the appstore reviews offering no reason for downrating.

Dave Bhullar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
There should be a rating system for reviews, just like the store for windows 8.1. I've suggested this already an year ago on the official windows phone user voice website. My suggestion included other features that would make huge improvements. Here's the link if anyone is interested in taking a look: http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...ns/suggestions/3570372-better-reviews-section

Lol just the read my suggestion again now, I could've done a better job at explaining the third point. Anyway, I hope they fix it in windows phone 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers