GDR3 update for lumia 620

Mio_WP

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Will Lumia Black still be available as separate update when it has the update 3 Developer preview?

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
When will Lumia 620 receive the GDR3 update in UAE ?
At this point all we know is what was said in yesterday's Nokia Conversations post - "in coming weeks". Anything else is speculation, tea leaves, crystal balls, or stars aligned.

Will Lumia Black still be available as separate update when it has the update 3 Developer preview?
Yes

yes, it will be. because, Black is like an add-on to GDR3. Black is a combined update i.e. GDR3 + additions by Nokia.
Close. Black is not an add-on to GDR3. GDR3 is an update to the OS created by Microsoft. Black is an update created by Nokia, which can include software, firmware, and/or adaptations to the OS that Nokia has been allowed to make.

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps due to optimizations for the smaller 1300mAh battery?

That raises another question - Why on earth Nokia put smallest battery in L 620? Lets leave this one

I think if that the case then L620 users always get update in last.
Means this will also happens when will get WP 8.1?
I have a feeling that I chose a wrong phone here.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
That raises another question - Why on earth Nokia put smallest battery in L 620? Lets leave this one

I think if that the case then L620 users always get update in last.
Means this will also happens when will get WP 8.1?
I have a feeling that I chose a wrong phone here.
You can always use the dev preview to update to GDR3 or 8.1 as soon as it is released.....you only have to wait for the firmware update then.

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
You can always use the dev preview to update to GDR3 or 8.1 as soon as it is released.....you only have to wait for the firmware update then.

Then one last question

If I get developers preview then Can we get Firmware update too when it comes or will it stuck with only developers preview?
(I know about once I update to developers preview I can't go back)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo