Installing Apps on SD Card

prateekj1993

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a developer unlocked Lumia 620. I read somewhere that upto 10 apps can be installed on the SD card on a developer unlocked device but I couldn't fathom the steps to do it. So I want to know how to install apps on SD card in a developer unlocked phone.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
No you can not. You can sideload/test apps on your phone and that too is limited to 2. Wait for wp8.1 it might bring this feature as this is most requested feature by people. :)

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a developer unlocked Lumia 620. I read somewhere that upto 10 apps can be installed on the SD card on a developer unlocked device but I couldn't fathom the steps to do it. So I want to know how to install apps on SD card in a developer unlocked phone.

Not on, from. i.e. you can copy a xap file to the SD card and then install it within phone memory. And up to 3 at a time, not 10.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanx for correcting my mistake. I never tried it so I cant say on this. Btw this feature is must for low internal memeory phones like l520,620,and so on.

prateekj1993

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Not on, from. i.e. you can copy a xap file to the SD card and then install it within phone memory. And up to 3 at a time, not 10.

So it is basically equivalent to installing an app from the Windows Phone App Studio (an app certificate is required there) ?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If your developer account is a DreamSpark account you're limited to three. If it is a full, paid account, the limit is ten. Developer sideloading isn't done using an SD card (at least not that I've ever read anywhere). You can deploy to the phone via USB either using Visual Studio or the Application Deployment tool that installs with the SDK.

I_am_beat

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
If your developer account is a DreamSpark account you're limited to three. If it is a full, paid account, the limit is ten. Developer sideloading isn't done using an SD card (at least not that I've ever read anywhere). You can deploy to the phone via USB either using Visual Studio or the Application Deployment tool that installs with the SDK.

Yap, your're right: ) I have a free Dreamspark.com dev account and it's limited to 3 devices. And yes I can deploy xap files via USB with SDK tool: ) It's easy but not very fast, couse it takes some time like you were download the app through wifi. It's cool to have great apps. The xap files are deployed at SD card but they are installed in the internal memory.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, currently there is no support for installing apps to the SD card. It is rumored (in at least one of the rumors I've read) to be coming, but I don't recall if it was in 8.1 or beyond.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786