Save files (documents) locally

hitchhiker90

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to save a document locally on to the phone and open it later? I have a decent sized pdf file I downloaded from the internet and saved to my PC. I then uploaded it to skydrive so it would be available from the phone. I wanted to be able to read it from my phone when I'm out waiting for appointments or on lunch break. However I don't want to have to download the file each time due to its size and data caps and all that. Is there a way I can save the pdf file to the phone then be able to open it from one of the pdf viewers?

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to save a document locally on to the phone and open it later? I have a decent sized pdf file I downloaded from the internet and saved to my PC. I then uploaded it to skydrive so it would be available from the phone. I wanted to be able to read it from my phone when I'm out waiting for appointments or on lunch break. However I don't want to have to download the file each time due to its size and data caps and all that. Is there a way I can save the pdf file to the phone then be able to open it from one of the pdf viewers?

My suggestion would be to email it to yourself, download the email once and then it will be available without needing to download it again.

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here. I want to wirelessly transfer large pdf files to the "documents" folder in the local storage of my 920. I don't want to use OneDrive because of data/bandwith cap. The reason why I do not want to use USB Cable for transferring documents is because I hate decreasing the "life cycle" of the battery.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

What I dont understand this...

When you open a file, or download it and open it, it is then stored locally to the app you opened it with. Later, just open pdf reader, or whatever app you are using and the document should be present there...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte