Facebook takes over Me Tile?

Brad and Ellen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey there,

So, we would like to use our MS account picture for our me Me Tile, however, no matter what we try (and short of a hard reset, we think we have tried just about everything), we cannot get the Me Tile to display anything except the Facebook picture. Is this by design? If it is, it's a terrible solution. Is there any way for the Me tile to display our MS picture and not the Facebook pic? Uninstalling Facebook is not an option :).

Thanks for reading,

Sent from our Surface RT

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey there,

So, we would like to use our MS account picture for our me Me Tile, however, no matter what we try (and short of a hard reset, we think we have tried just about everything), we cannot get the Me Tile to display anything except the Facebook picture. Is this by design? If it is, it's a terrible solution. Is there any way for the Me tile to display our MS picture and not the Facebook pic? Uninstalling Facebook is not an option :).

Thanks for reading,

Sent from our Surface RT

Oddly enough, my Me Tile displayed my Microsoft account profile picture for the longest time. Then I got an update and it switched over to Facebook. I created a thread about it previously, but I'm glad a similar topic is being brought to life by you. So thanks for that!

However, I have yet to find a way to switch Me back to MS. This annoys me because I have a TileMe! profile picture on Facebook. That syncs to Me, displaying a double-me print that is just unattractive. Erasing and readding FB didn't seem to work for me either.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
If you use the facebook app, it won't take over your Me tile. If you have your facebook account connected to your Microsoft account, the Me tile uses your facebook image.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
the Me-tile will use the picture you last set through the tile. Just update your outlook profile picture from the me tile and it'll show that.

Brad and Ellen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Oddly enough, my Me Tile displayed my Microsoft account profile picture for the longest time. Then I got an update and it switched over to Facebook. I created a thread about it previously, but I'm glad a similar topic is being brought to life by you. So thanks for that!

However, I have yet to find a way to switch Me back to MS. This annoys me because I have a TileMe! profile picture on Facebook. That syncs to Me, displaying a double-me print that is just unattractive. Erasing and readding FB didn't seem to work for me either.

Well, it's unfortunate that that's the way it works. Our situation is that we have a shared Facebook account and our own individual Lumias. The Me Tile should be ME, not a silly Facebook pic. The whole point, I thought, was to have a unique and individualized experience on our phones? Not a fan if this is indeed by design.

Sent from our Surface RT

Brad and Ellen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
the Me-tile will use the picture you last set through the tile. Just update your outlook profile picture from the me tile and it'll show that.

This is just simply not true. I don't mean to insult you, however, this is the response you get from MS support and this answer is completely false. Changing the photo either on your MS account or through the Me Tile does not change the picture display on the ME Tile, the Facebook pic still overrides it. Thanks for the response though.

Sent from our Surface RT

Brad and Ellen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
If you use the facebook app, it won't take over your Me tile. If you have your facebook account connected to your Microsoft account, the Me tile uses your facebook image.

Yeah, we know this, however (and this isn't directed at you personally) isn't the whole point to have Facebook fully integrated? That's one of the advantages of Windows Phone, no?

Sent from our Surface RT

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

How do you remove the MS account on your phone from fb ?

Don't think you can, and using the fb app doesn't prevent my silly FB face from being displayed on ME.

And where are the ME tile settings ? I don't find any.

-sorry Brad and Ellen didn't mean to hijack your post but ... BTW who's leading this charge, Ellen or Brad ? :wink:

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
This is just simply not true. I don't mean to insult you, however, this is the response you get from MS support and this answer is completely false. Changing the photo either on your MS account or through the Me Tile does not change the picture display on the ME Tile, the Facebook pic still overrides it. Thanks for the response though.

Sent from our Surface RT

Maybe they changed the behavior in windows phone 8. In windows phone 7.8 that's how the tile used to work. Which was annoying sine the MS profile picture was always low resolution.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, you can change the picture of me tile even if connected to FB. Correct me if Im wrong, but press the picture at me, update profile picture opens,untick all networks, then update picture. This changes the profile picture on your me tile?

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes you are correct, I had to test this myself. Even if I posted the picture to my Outlook, through the me hub the tile does not change.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Thats is how MS decided to help us. They choose what image to show for contacts. I also do not like when contacts photo updated to facebook one instead of my hotmail pictures. Why the hell MS decided that they can change picture of contact for us??? This is really annoying

Brad and Ellen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
How do you remove the MS account on your phone from fb ?

Don't think you can, and using the fb app doesn't prevent my silly FB face from being displayed on ME.

And where are the ME tile settings ? I don't find any.

-sorry Brad and Ellen didn't mean to hijack your post but ... BTW who's leading this charge, Ellen or Brad ? :wink:

It's not hijacking if the comments are still on topic with the OP, so no worries. To remove the MS account from Facebook, you need to log into outlook, formerly live, go to permissions, manage accounts and remove Facebook from there, then uninstall Facebook from the phone, re-add Facebook to your MS account if you so choose, and then re-add Facebook to the phone without setting it up on your MS account.....whew....that was a mouthful and I hope clear as mud.
Ellen, my wife, leads the charge but I get to do all the posting :), happy wife.....happy life.

Sent from our Surface RT

Brad and Ellen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Maybe they changed the behavior in windows phone 8. In windows phone 7.8 that's how the tile used to work. Which was annoying sine the MS profile picture was always low resolution.

Yeah, but you could fix the low-res photo by changing it again in your MS account after you changed it on the ME Tile. This should never have been changed.

Sent from our Surface RT

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster