Facebook takes over Me Tile?

ii583

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
It's not hijacking if the comments are still on topic with the OP, so no worries. To remove the MS account from Facebook, you need to log into outlook, formerly live, go to permissions, manage accounts and remove Facebook from there, then uninstall Facebook from the phone, re-add Facebook to your MS account if you so choose, and then re-add Facebook to the phone without setting it up on your MS account.....whew....that was a mouthful and I hope clear as mud.
Ellen, my wife, leads the charge but I get to do all the posting :), happy wife.....happy life.

Sent from our Surface RT

So you use an individual FB “app”?
How if I connect my FB with MS account through “people hub” instead of an individual FB app……

I found it is impossible to disconnect my FB from my MS account.
Since every time I delete my FB account in “people hub” then added back, they will connect automatically.

I have the problem of my Me Tile photo being overrode by my FB profile picture, too!

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I use the FB Beta. It still needs A LOT of updates, but notifications started to work ON TIME. (I guess also the official FB app now has working notifications). But the point, I dont need to pin "me" tile because I pin FB app that shows me everything coming in.

alvinsfb

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
this is happening after the GDR2 update
before that (GDR1) it's normal like usual (we can change our hotmail picture and display it on Me tile)

Hope Microsoft will fix this
at least let us pick which one of pictures that showed on Me tile

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's unfortunate that that's the way it works. Our situation is that we have a shared Facebook account and our own individual Lumias. The Me Tile should be ME, not a silly Facebook pic.

I wish we could set any picture we want for the ME tile (or other contacts). That said, if you have a shared Facebook account isn't it really more of an "US" tile? :p

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, NM. Just double checked. I seem to have the same problem, although, I do know it wasn't this way previously, with my L920.

Brad and Ellen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
So you use an individual FB ?app??

Yes, the official Facebook app

I found it is impossible to disconnect my FB from my MS account.

Go to outlook, permission, manage accounts, and delete Facebook

I have the problem of my Me Tile photo being overrode by my FB profile picture, too!

Sucks, doesn't it? I can't stand this design decision

Sent from our Surface RT

Brad and Ellen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
this is happening after the GDR2 update
before that (GDR1) it's normal like usual (we can change our hotmail picture and display it on Me tile)

Hope Microsoft will fix this
at least let us pick which one of pictures that showed on Me tile

Absolutely! It never should have changed in the first place. Thanks for the confirmation between GDR1 and GDR2.

Brad and Ellen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I wish we could set any picture we want for the ME tile (or other contacts). That said, if you have a shared Facebook account isn't it really more of an "US" tile? :p

:), no, we each have our own individual phones. As far as the Facebook account goes, my wife tells me we share it but I'm never on it :)

sonus

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Thats is how MS decided to help us. They choose what image to show for contacts. I also do not like when contacts photo updated to facebook one instead of my hotmail pictures. Why the hell MS decided that they can change picture of contact for us??? This is really annoying

It could be worse, on Android devices, the Google+ picture supercedes all. So despite the fact that no one uses Google+ and even fewer update it, you'll end up with a Google plus picture or worse yet, G+ placeholder in place of FB pictures.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb