six months on and i am bored with wp8....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmed Hassan7

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
For me WP is the best OS I would have liked Android if it wasn't to insecure (I have to download my own antivirus Really !!) also lagging on anything my Samsung galaxy S3 reached a point where it lagged on opening the lockscreen while on WP I get the most safe fluid fast beautiful experience of them all , I am on board with WP for 6 months+ and never I thought if switching back to android , also Sony is rumored to get in with us and huawei is showing us some love with the rumored W3 so options are coming. :D

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Xellsama

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
hm...yes you could jump to Android, if you liked that excitement about constantly customizing your phone and okay with the occasional(or often...depends on device) lags, Androids are great (I love my Nexus 7).

But if you are open to looking at a new windows phone but at lower price, you can 1) get a 920 now with about the price you mentioned, it's still an excellent device, very worth the money; or 2) sell you current 720, and use that money (along with the rest of your budget) and buy a newer/higher-end wp8, problem solved.

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 5 is the one I am thinking about..i do like the simplicity but want to experience some control over my phone too..so far I am gonna keep my 720 too cause I wont get any decent resale value anyway....

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I think dual boot would be cool, too. If I got tired of a secure OS that was slick and responsive and didn't give me any problems (how boring!) I could always reboot the phone in Android mode and remind myself why I love Windows Phone. :cool:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Any OS can become boring after awhile. Try another one. I use both Android & WP side-by-side, and quite frankly I'm kinda bored with both of them at the moment.

Nexus 5 is the one I am thinking about..i do like the simplicity but want to experience some control over my phone too..so far I am gonna keep my 720 too cause I wont get any decent resale value anyway....

The Nexus 5 is an excellent choice if you're buying off contract. Its performance is tops, and you are unlikely to experience the lags & crashes that Android is known for. It's rock solid. For $50 more you can get a Moto X which is arguably an even better experience.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine 7ish months now. I'm not bored at all. I don't have to mess with it, it does all I need it to do. I can move around live tiles and I have more games than I need to fill that sit down time we all have. It takes good pictures and I can post them to Facebook and tethering works every time I need it to. I don't need new or something else, cause nothing is broken and needs to be fixed.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
After years of WM (and short sidestep to SG1). From time to time I ge so FREAKING happy that I dont spend time flashing and installing my device anymore.

I remeber spending sometimes hours of flashing then installing and tweaking... Always new ROM would appear, I would spend evening with it and possibly later more time reverting back as some bugs would come up....

For me personally, NEVER AGAIN I hope. Anything is better. Spend time with someone, go out walk alone, watch a movie, read, think about some new project or jerking off! Its a phone for the love of something.

I did like to tweak it, I remeber :D

Sorry about my rant, Im just saying how I personally feel :)

And to comment topic, Im not bored at all. Im only waiting some basic missing functionality (most coming probably with 8.1)

Ive been here over a year of WP8 + 1 1/2 yrs of WP7 (I think?)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sick of WP yet but, what I am sick of is seeing Apps come out for Android or iOS and never say anything about WP. This was a problem from my first Windows Phone device the HTC Trophy that I had the week after release till today (I've had 3 WP devices, Trophy, 8X and a 928).

There is a ton of apps, like Dish Network's Sling app (iOS and Android), Cut the rope 2 and a crap load of other games and apps but, those 2 just came to my mind as I wrote this....

That would be the ONLY thing I am sick of and starting to get a little fed up with it....

and I do love WP...

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
..no extra ordinary features...basically nothing much happening in windows world...

Lumia 1020?
Lumia 1520?

I find it very odd that people got involved with WP over a year ago and are now saying there are no advancements. My friend this has been the most dynamic year for WP ever. I don't know where you live but in the US people were getting the Lumia 1520 for $99 or free on contract. I really don't know what more people want.

If you don't like WP8 for whatever reason then leave. But leave with dignity. Do disregard all the wonderful changes that are happening right before your eyes.

in everything MS and its OEMs are way behind ..world is moving on to 2k and 4k and we are just barely there with 1080 p...

I don't know what you mean by "2K and 4k." If you are talking about 4k displays on smartphones even Samsung says those are over a year away. I don't think it's really fair to compare WP8 devices that people have in their hands right now to something that may or may not materialize a year from now. And really you are going to need a pretty big display to tell the difference between 1080p and 4K.

The fact of the matter is the playing field as far as hardware was effectively leveled this year with the introduction of the 1520. And WP has pulled ahead in certain areas with Pureview. The imaging capabilities of the 1020 are something that is actually practical for a lot of people. 4K movies and displays stress processors and resources for a very dubious payout. When these 4K displays materialize I look forward to seeing them side by side with 1080p displays. My guess is there won't be much difference... if any.

I'm on WP because I don't like to chase specs. I want a nonlaggy phone that works. I work on my phone. I need emails, texts, calls, and voicemails to arrive without fuss. I'm not going to get a laggy phone that needs to be rebooted constantly just so I can brag about a 4K screen.

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
exactly though app gap is narrowing day by day still wp8 is never a priority for the developers and its not gonna be in forseeable future...why should I always wait for some bbms instagrams my bank apps or games or whatever I want when I can get all I want by switching...I do like wp8 and I knew these issues well before buying in and I still hope MS Nokia ll overcome this and wp8 ll be as robust a platform as the android but right now I want the maximum bang for my bucks and I m not getting that here...

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 1020?
Lumia 1520?

I find it very odd that people got involved with WP over a year ago and are now saying there are no advancements. My friend this has been the most dynamic year for WP ever. I don't know where you live but in the US people were getting the Lumia 1520 for $99 or free on contract. I really don't know what more people want.

If you don't like WP8 for whatever reason then leave. But leave with dignity. Do disregard all the wonderful changes that are happening right before your eyes.

I don't know what you mean by "2K and 4k." If you are talking about 4k displays on smartphones even Samsung says those are over a year away. I don't think it's really fair to compare WP8 devices that people have in their hands right now to something that may or may not materialize a year from now. And really you are going to need a pretty big display to tell the difference between 1080p and 4K.

The fact of the matter is the playing field as far as hardware was effectively leveled this year with the introduction of the 1520. And WP has pulled ahead in certain areas with Pureview. The imaging capabilities of the 1020 are something that is actually practical for a lot of people. 4K movies and displays stress processors and resources for a very dubious payout. When these 4K displays materialize I look forward to seeing them side by side with 1080p displays. My guess is there won't be much difference... if any.

I'm on WP because I don't like to chase specs. I want a nonlaggy phone that works. I work on my phone. I need emails, texts, calls, and voicemails to arrive without fuss. I'm not going to get a laggy phone that needs to be rebooted constantly just so I can brag about a 4K screen.
I was indeed talking about resolution ..not 4k but 2k is soon going to be a reality..windows have only one 1080p phone that's at 750$...sorry but I don't find any hardware with full hd display 16 gb internal storage with sd support a decent camera and 2 gb ram for 400 450 $...and I am from india and we cant buy phones on contract...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo