What's The Point Of Settings - Background Tasks - Advanced

lumia_steve

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I plan on adding at the end of my Help page "background instructions", the following mention:

"Though it may seem to involve some work to keep a watch on your Other Apps' Task usage (or similar wording), a side benefit to doing this, is the resulting Battery Life you will receive from minimizing the amount of your phone's background activity."

Last edited:

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I plan on adding at the end of my Help page "background instructions", the following mention:

"Though it may seem to involve some work to keep a watch on your Other Apps' Task usage (or similar wording), a side benefit to doing this, is the resulting Battery Life you will receive from minimizing the amount of your phone's background activity."

I hope you don't write for a living... :confused:

ntice_521

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
It could be implemented and explained better, but it's nice that this control exists. It's one of the few user-empowering features that WP has.

I check it after installing and running a new app, and block the background task if it shows up.

lumia_steve

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
It could be implemented and explained better, but it's nice that this control exists. It's one of the few user-empowering features that WP has.

I check it after installing and running a new app, and block the background task if it shows up.

I agree, it's a good thing MS thought it through well enough to provide it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos