Nokia Lumia Black Update Starts Rolling Out Today

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Lumia Black Update Starts Rolling Out Today

http://conversations.nokia.com/2014/01/09/lumia-black-update/?7096266=1

Update
App Folder links http://www.windowscentral.com/folders-windows-phone-video

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/app-folder/7d2e7de3-95e7-4143-8a9d-aedf8c3f901e

The much awaited Lumia Black software will start to rollout for Nokia Lumia WP8 owners around the world from today. The update brings new features, improvements in imaging, new apps and app updates from Microsoft and Nokia to make the Lumia smartphone experience even better.

The main features brought along with the update from Nokia include:
App Folder. This brand new feature makes your Lumia experience even more fluid by giving you an option to further personalize and organize your Start screen. With App folders you can group similar apps and settings into one folder, a tile, on your Start screen.
Nokia Glance screen 2.0. Helps you keep track of information in real time, making all your most important notifications including: phone, messages, email, outlook, calendar, or any apps that use notifications such as Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp, or games; always visible at a glance on your screen. It saves time and energy.
Bluetooth LE. Will now be enabled across the full Windows Phone 8 Lumia range for compatible gadgets like the Adidas MiCoach smart run watch.
Nokia Refocus. The amazing Nokia Refocus comes to all Windows Phone 8 Lumia smartphones with 1GB of RAM and upwards.
Nokia Beamer. Sharing what’s on your phone is easier than ever with Nokia Beamer. You can now beam documents, presentations, anything you like, to any HTML5-enabled screen by simply scanning a QR code on the screen. It’s coming to all of the phones with 1GB RAM upwards.
Nokia Storyteller. The app arranges your photos for you, by date and by place, making it easier to tell the stories behind your pictures, and give extra context through the close integration of interactive maps.
Nokia Camera. Combines Nokia Pro Camera and Smart Camera to simplify the photo-taking experience, and ensure you get the perfect shot every time. The app has been available for Lumia PureView smartphones since last year, but it’s now coming to the rest of the WP8 Lumia range. The latest Nokia Camera update also brings raw DNG support for Lumia 1020 owners.
Latest generation of imaging algorithms. The Lumia Black update further improves the image quality, especially in Lumia 1020. Among others, the improvements include a new oversampling algorithm, making your images more natural looking with reduced noise, while ensuring your photos remain wonderfully sharp.

The Lumia Black update also brings a series of enhancements from Microsoft to Nokia Lumia smartphones. These include safe driving mode – which cuts out unnecessary distractions when you’re on the road; customized ringtones for each contact. You can now also close apps within the in multitasking view and lock the screen rotation if you wish.

Timings: The Lumia Black update has begun rolling out today for Lumia 1020 and Lumia 925 smartphones, with other models in the range following shortly after.

How to update?

Nokia Lumia smartphones automatically check for updates every week, and will notify people when it finds one. Otherwise check by going to Settings -> Phone update- it downloads and installs straight from that screen.

Let us know if you have already received the update!

Last edited:

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
The article only mentions the 1020 and 925 (with other models in the range following shortly after).
It has already been available for weeks with some carriers, though.

Panathas

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Nothing here: L1020, unbranded, Germany.
What are these AppFolders? I mean, i know what this is, but the ATT update didn't included this did it? I thought this is china only.

AlwaysColtron

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
What about the 928? I know it says shortly but does shortly mean "shortly today" or "shortly, sometime in the future"? I'm hoping if they put out a big article like this that they mean it will all be out this week. They did say it would be rolled out by Q1 and they probably want all Lumia devices to be running it before the April conference. This could also be because they didn't have a huge presence at CES, why not gift us all with an update! Yay!

pwaikon

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
YAY :grin: I love software updates, specially the BIG ones :smile: the new features on this update sound really nice, I'm surprised about the app folder thou :eek:rly: but yeah, app folder means less scrolling and more organized start screen, so YES PLEASE :cool:

Just checked my Lumia 925 and got error message "cannot check update availability right now (80072ee2)" so waiting continues...:winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb