01-13-2014 04:53 PM
54 123
tools
    His point was that the app folder takes up the space of 4 small tiles, and if there are only 4 tiles in the app folder, it's kind of pointless. I agree, other than for perhaps an aesthetic difference.
    The small tile only shows 4 apps but you can put in more than 2 dozen apps in a folder, IF it's PHOTO then you know it's photo and you open it, you can't tap the tiny tile within the small tile anyway, you have to tap the tile folder and open it to use any of the apps in the app folder. That's the purpose.
    01-10-2014 03:27 PM
    The small tile only shows 4 apps but you can put in more than 2 dozen apps in a folder, IF it's PHOTO then you know it's photo and you open it, you can't tap the tiny tile within the small tile anyway, you have to tap the tile folder and open it to use any of the apps in the app folder. That's the purpose.
    Somebody just likes to argue.
    01-10-2014 03:29 PM
    Somebody just likes to argue.
    And someone just likes to agree to silliness, we make a good pair
    01-10-2014 03:33 PM
    At first I didn't care for it, but the more I play with it, the more I really like the new folders.

wp_ss_20140110_0003.png
    Guytronic likes this.
    01-10-2014 03:37 PM
    The only thing about the folders that bothers me is that I wish they would launch faster. It's not like it's loading up a whole lot of data. Just a short list of app IDs and enough code behind it to launch the app that's tapped. Not much at all, I would think.
    01-10-2014 05:53 PM
    The only thing about the folders that bothers me is that I wish they would launch faster. It's not like it's loading up a whole lot of data. Just a short list of app IDs and enough code behind it to launch the app that's tapped. Not much at all, I would think.
    I think that Microsoft should be providing app folders, not Nokia. The feature should be built into the OS. This system requires opening an app to access the apps inside. That's why it's slow.
    01-10-2014 06:04 PM
    Kinda slow that's for sure, but creating a folder just for audio and pinning it where it's right in the middle of the screen is a hellava lot faster than opening settings and scrolling down to almost the bottom and then opening audio when I'm listening to music with headphones. Maybe with Black developers will be able to access audio with a shortcut - the OS prevents them currently so it's doubtful, this is the next best thing.
    01-10-2014 06:31 PM
    Someone else in another forum mentioned it'd be pretty cool to put Xbox Music artists in a folder.
    01-10-2014 07:15 PM
    if they can make the apps we put in the folder become real LIVE tiles... and have the notification fixed and appear CORRECTLY inside.... hell that's our Notification Centre right there!!!....
    [...wakes up and looks for coffee.....]
    01-10-2014 08:21 PM
    I think that Microsoft should be providing app folders, not Nokia. The feature should be built into the OS. This system requires opening an app to access the apps inside. That's why it's slow.
    Yeah, I know.... And yes, it would be better if Microsoft would do it so that it's not an app opening.
    01-10-2014 10:51 PM
    Can any one tell me is there a chance of adding contacts or groups to app folder
    01-11-2014 12:54 AM
    It would have been nice if it would have allowed you to create app folders in the app list screen, as well as the start screen, my app list is way to long lol, and the problem with deleting rarely used apps from my phone is, well... they wouldn't be there when i rarely wanted to use them LOL
    01-11-2014 06:18 AM
    For me, it would be nice to be able to add internet shortcut tiles into the App Folders, but then they couldn't call it "App Folders" now could they? It would have to be just a "Folders" option... Which is why it should be built into the os...
    01-11-2014 08:13 AM
    I was really liking the folders but now my live tiles stopped updating for the first time since gdr3. I haven't installed anything else. Damn.
    01-11-2014 08:44 AM
    I was really liking the folders but now my live tiles stopped updating for the first time since gdr3. I haven't installed anything else. Damn.
    Have you let Thor smack it with his hammer a couple of times and see if that helps LOL.... sorry just couldn't resist
    01-11-2014 09:13 AM
    What an useless app lol. Only applications and some of the settings? No pinned websites, contacts, shortcuts for my remote control etc..
    rmeigs likes this.
    01-11-2014 09:19 AM
    Have you let Thor smack it with his hammer a couple of times and see if that helps LOL.... sorry just couldn't resist
    Thor's hammer isn't what it used to be
    01-11-2014 12:03 PM
    His point was that the app folder takes up the space of 4 small tiles...
    The app folder can be reduced to a single tile.

if there are only 4 tiles in the app folder, it's kind of pointless.
    Not if you like things organized and uncluttered.
    Guytronic likes this.
    01-11-2014 12:06 PM
    Deleted a few apps that I don't use and tiles are back working. Folders aren't perfect but I still like this app.
    01-11-2014 02:13 PM
    The app folder can be reduced to a single tile.
    It can also be made into a wide tile. But since we were talking about four tiles, it was obvious that we were talking about the medium tile. Apparently we should have said so for those either without the ability to figure that out or the proclivity to get snarky when someone isn't specific enough for them.
    01-11-2014 02:44 PM
    Yeah, the speed needs to pick up a little. You can do contacts from you address book so why have them in the app folder. A sort of notification would be good if it's a live tile. Maybe able to choose different tile colors as well. I'm sure they'll add more stuff, just have to wait like everything else.
    01-11-2014 02:57 PM
    It can also be made into a wide tile. But since we were talking about four tiles, it was obvious that we were talking about the medium tile. Apparently we should have said so for those either without the ability to figure that out or the proclivity to get snarky when someone isn't specific enough for them.
    LOL, nothing snarky intended, just pointing out the obvious.
    01-11-2014 10:36 PM
    Anyone knows how to get amber or black update on europe unlocked lumia 920?
    01-11-2014 10:46 PM
    Why the hell does APP FOLDER sits in Background Tasks?
    01-13-2014 02:03 PM
    Why the hell does APP FOLDER sits in Background Tasks?
    To update the live tile should you uninstall one of the apps.

Read the description when you open the background task. It tells you what the background task does
    hopmedic likes this.
    01-13-2014 02:17 PM
54 123