APP folder , Lumia Black

PipoDj

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
App Folder organizes that's the purpose. Since this app is a version 1 naturally we are craving for more. so the question is, what features do you want Nokia to add to App folder? I can name a few:
1. Live tile - I don't think the App Folder is a live tile. I wish to be able to see notification if one of the app inside the folder has an update, say instagram or 6tag (just like how iOS implement their folders)
2. When inside the folder, the ability to chose the view? either tile view as that of the start screen, or the app list view as the default right now. By the way i love the neat thing where you can easily rearrange the apps inside it.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Its a good way to organize all my photography Apps. I have like 15-20 and sometimes I don't remember them all. This makes it easier.
His point was that the app folder takes up the space of 4 small tiles, and if there are only 4 tiles in the app folder, it's kind of pointless. I agree, other than for perhaps an aesthetic difference.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Been playing with App Folder. The medium size tile holds 6 apps so it does help with space. I like it. If you go for double wide tile it holds 12!

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
App Folder organizes that's the purpose. Since this app is a version 1 naturally we are craving for more. so the question is, what features do you want Nokia to add to App folder? I can name a few:
1. Live tile - I don't think the App Folder is a live tile. I wish to be able to see notification if one of the app inside the folder has an update, say instagram or 6tag (just like how iOS implement their folders)
2. When inside the folder, the ability to chose the view? either tile view as that of the start screen, or the app list view as the default right now. By the way i love the neat thing where you can easily rearrange the apps inside it.

App Folder is listed in background tasks and when I blocked it,
an App Folder with Twitter, Facebook, WPC and the Lock Screen Changer in it were blocked too.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
His point was that the app folder takes up the space of 4 small tiles, and if there are only 4 tiles in the app folder, it's kind of pointless. I agree, other than for perhaps an aesthetic difference.

The small tile only shows 4 apps but you can put in more than 2 dozen apps in a folder, IF it's PHOTO then you know it's photo and you open it, you can't tap the tiny tile within the small tile anyway, you have to tap the tile folder and open it to use any of the apps in the app folder. That's the purpose.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The small tile only shows 4 apps but you can put in more than 2 dozen apps in a folder, IF it's PHOTO then you know it's photo and you open it, you can't tap the tiny tile within the small tile anyway, you have to tap the tile folder and open it to use any of the apps in the app folder. That's the purpose.

Somebody just likes to argue.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The only thing about the folders that bothers me is that I wish they would launch faster. It's not like it's loading up a whole lot of data. Just a short list of app IDs and enough code behind it to launch the app that's tapped. Not much at all, I would think.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The only thing about the folders that bothers me is that I wish they would launch faster. It's not like it's loading up a whole lot of data. Just a short list of app IDs and enough code behind it to launch the app that's tapped. Not much at all, I would think.

I think that Microsoft should be providing app folders, not Nokia. The feature should be built into the OS. This system requires opening an app to access the apps inside. That's why it's slow.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Kinda slow that's for sure, but creating a folder just for audio and pinning it where it's right in the middle of the screen is a hellava lot faster than opening settings and scrolling down to almost the bottom and then opening audio when I'm listening to music with headphones. Maybe with Black developers will be able to access audio with a shortcut - the OS prevents them currently so it's doubtful, this is the next best thing.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
if they can make the apps we put in the folder become real LIVE tiles... and have the notification fixed and appear CORRECTLY inside.... hell that's our Notification Centre right there!!!....
[...wakes up and looks for coffee.....]

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I think that Microsoft should be providing app folders, not Nokia. The feature should be built into the OS. This system requires opening an app to access the apps inside. That's why it's slow.

Yeah, I know.... And yes, it would be better if Microsoft would do it so that it's not an app opening.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
It would have been nice if it would have allowed you to create app folders in the app list screen, as well as the start screen, my app list is way to long lol, and the problem with deleting rarely used apps from my phone is, well... they wouldn't be there when i rarely wanted to use them LOL :winktongue:

kxcd

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
For me, it would be nice to be able to add internet shortcut tiles into the App Folders, but then they couldn't call it "App Folders" now could they? It would have to be just a "Folders" option... Which is why it should be built into the os...:shocked:

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I was really liking the folders but now my live tiles stopped updating for the first time since gdr3. I haven't installed anything else. Damn.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I was really liking the folders but now my live tiles stopped updating for the first time since gdr3. I haven't installed anything else. Damn.

Have you let Thor smack it with his hammer a couple of times and see if that helps LOL.... sorry just couldn't resist

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven