Why not update old Windows Phone 7 to 8?

fraddy

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
They can make money by building a customer base of loyal supporters or aggressively sell their stuff. Guess what brings better long-term results? They will probably be a niche software provider within about 5-10 years.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
They can make money by building a customer base of loyal supporters or aggressively sell their stuff. Guess what brings better long-term results? They will probably be a niche software provider within about 5-10 years.
Even if the update existed, you would have so much lag that you would hate Microsoft even more. Please be a loyal customer by upgrading.

anon5878284

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Yup, they had major reasons.

6.5 was for different hardware, mostly capacitive screens for styli and the hardware buttons varied a lot.

7.5 was a different story. They had to rework almost every bit of the code. If I had time, I would have proved this through a lengthy post. In short, the WP7.8 Start Screen isn't a port of the WP8 one at all. It is totally different code. I have bugs on 7.8 Screen which do not exist on 8, even though the former was derived from the latter.

dba415

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
This thread is funny. If Microsoft really wanted to port WP8 on to wp7 devices, they could do it easily. I mean they have a bunch of software engineers getting paid a lot of money, they could do it.

They won't do it because it's not worth the time/money/resources to do it, plain and simple.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb