Should I wait until WP8.1 release or buy phone now?

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
thanks i got the manufacturer name. the phone is from saudi arabia. does that mean when the black update is released in saudi arabia i will get it too even though i'm in canada?

Same question, as my phone is from Hong Kong and I'm in the Philippines. So, it's the same as saying even if the Black is released here, I won't get an update unless the same is released in Hong Kong?

You get the firmware updates when it is released for the country variant of your phones. nokia6300 will get it when it's out in KSA, and mrvhin1216 will get it when it's out in Hong Kong.

RadioActive199

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Unless Nokia is going to release a 630 or you're planning to buy a more expensive phone, I think you should go ahead and buy the phone. Microsoft has already promised that all WP 8 users will get 8.1 and more future updates so don't worry about not getting the updates. As long as Nokia is not releasing a newer, better and cheaper phone ( of which chances seem really low about this ) I think you should go ahead and buy the phone :) And as N_LaRUE said, make its unlocked :)

RadioActive199

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
You can never be sure but the rumours say so. Evleaks leaked this, they have pretty reliable leaks so it might have a high possibility of that happening. However, personally I rather prefer capacitive button than on screen.

Hope it helped :)

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to wait but if you find you can wait, wait. I own the L920 and in technology terms, its fast becoming the VCR. I don't know what WP I'll go with next and I feel I can wait until the 8.1 devices to drop...and probably will.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I might say, hold on for a while... as new phones are coming soon... Just would suggest to get at least a 1gb phone with 16gb of ram but, I guess you could live with 8gb *IF* you limit your apps and games..

If your budget is really tight, look towards a used one, you might be able to get a really good deal...OR save a little money to get a higher end model when your ready...

Where can I get THAT Windows Phone, the one with 16GB of RAM!!

Panathas

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I would,buy a phone with at least 1gb ram. What about the 920 or 925? They both are not expensive and should get 8.1 with most if not all the features.

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
thanks i got the manufacturer name. the phone is from saudi arabia. does that mean when the black update is released in saudi arabia i will get it too even though i'm in canada?

Well, the update comes through wifi and nit through your carrier. Country of residence shouldnt matter for updates. For me, my nexus 7 got updated even though I purchased it in USA.

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I am waiting on my upgrade for them to announce something new. I guess that will be in Feb? Maybe it will be an MS branded phone?

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys, I decided to wait for a while, but even if I pass by the mobile phones store and can't resist - I know I can't make a big mistake :D

I think you're making the right choice. I know it is hard to resist the temptation but BUILD is only 11 weeks away, and Mobile World Congress is only 6 weeks away! I really think we'll see an update to the 920 launch alongside WP8.1. The 920 will be nearly 18 months old by then, and the platform will be in real need of a new general-appeal flagship. Keep saving and saving, and by mid-April you may have enough to get a new flagship Windows Phone instead of the 620.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb