Why Microsoft? Why? Allow attachment or doc on email

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Why Microsoft does not allow attachment of doc files on the email client? that's basic task in iOS and Android.

Last edited by a moderator:

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why Microsoft? Why?

I just tried this on my Lumia 925 via Office. I created a new docx file and then hit the three dots and "Send..." and then you have to choose your email account (for me it was Hotmail and Gmail) and it worked like a charm. So you have to start with Office and then proceed to send it, not creating an email and then looking for the attachment (since WP8 only lets you choose from pictures).

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
i am in contact and replying to employers and i need to attach a doc file. i mean, why i can't reply with a attachment of a doc file? again, that's basic task. I just dessapointed that at this stage, microsoft has been unable to add this basic feature in the built-in email client. 😠

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

i am in contact and replying to employers and i need to attach a doc file. i mean, why i can't reply with a attachment of a doc file? again, that's basic task. I just dessapointed that at this stage, microsoft has been unable to add this basic feature in the built-in email client. 😠

are you sure its basic? I never find it happening often enough that they need to add an entire icon for it. It should be made easier, but its not essential.

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

are you sure its basic? I never find it happening often enough that they need to add an entire icon for it. It should be made easier, but its not essential.

I mean c'mon to be fair, Microsoft office is used by probably 95% of the enterprise market and they are always sending documents

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

happen enough or not, doc files are essential in any email client and even much more in a windows based mobile phone with the mobile office built-in. I am just disappointed because i love Windows Phone and will be great if Microsoft implement this. I am not asking for nothing else, just add doc files and thank you Microsoft.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

You can't send an attachment, even a photo, from the mail app on IOS. You have to go to that file, then press mail. So it isn't like IOS has this feature. WP has more email features. :)

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
true, but in enterprise, most of that is done by traditional Office on a computer, not on a phone.

i am not in an enterprise, home user only here and i need to reply to a person with a doc file. Android and iOS can attach doc files from their email client. This is basic, why not Windows Phone 8?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

i am not in an enterprise, home user only here and i need to reply to a person with a doc file. Android and iOS can attach doc files from their email client. This is basic, why not Windows Phone 8?

explain to me how to do this in iOS. I have my sisters iPhone right in front of me and I don't see an option. The only thing I see are forward, print, reply and when I hit reply, it only lets me put in text and I can copy/paste pictures.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

explain to me how to do this in iOS. I have my sisters iPhone right in front of me and I don't see an option. The only thing I see are forward, print, reply and when I hit reply, it only lets me put in text and I can copy/paste pictures.
what version of iOS?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs