Music player

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I need to find a good music player for local content on my lumia 1520. I have tried all of the top rated ones, and now have about 6 or 7 on the device, but am not thrilled with any. Well, Audio Player is at the top of my list so far.

I want to search my music content by artist, then sort by album. Is there a way to search all of the phone's contents, like in iOS7? Also, why isnt there a landscape view for any of the music players/

Liam Breen

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi, if you ever get any further with this please let me know. I cant believe they released phones with music player at such a low level of development.
I have downloaded loads of the music apps and they all fall short of what you would expect.
Its actually easier for me to just go back to using the iphone for music

Windowlino

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Same for me. Most of players for local music I tried look bad and lack the ability of managing playlists (or even ONE playlist) easily. I did not find anything better than the original. And we all know: the music hub is a pain :/

marcel631

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Exactly,

was finally able to synchronize playlists using windows media player (use synchronize tab) on Nokia Lumia. The playlist works in the xbox music player and next when the battery is empty and powering down all playlists are empty again on restart :angry::angry:. Probably this is on purpose. How difficult can it be to simply copy the windows playlist format and upload a file to the phone and make it write protected. I found threads from a year ago with loads of frustration. On the phone I cannot find the playlist files. Where are they saved ?

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

This one has an interesting interface, but what frustrates me about all of these is that when I search for an artist, it only displays an alphabetical list of songs by that artist. This is useless for me. I want to see all albums by that artist and then play the album I chose, like I can on the iphone. On the WP, you cannot even sort the list of songs. Also, I now have 7 music player apps!!! Where as on the iphone I have only one but that works.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
This one has an interesting interface, but what frustrates me about all of these is that when I search for an artist, it only displays an alphabetical list of songs by that artist. This is useless for me. I want to see all albums by that artist and then play the album I chose, like I can on the iphone. On the WP, you cannot even sort the list of songs. Also, I now have 7 music player apps!!! Where as on the iphone I have only one but that works.

Default music hub does this. Tap on the artist and it shows the album list. Play from there.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Default music hub does this. Tap on the artist and it shows the album list. Play from there.

Yeah, I'm not understanding it, either. Xbox Music + Video Hub will allow you to do this. After opening it, select music. It will default to sort by artist. If you want to play all of your songs by a specific artist, hit the "play" button next to the artist's name. If you want to play only selected songs by that artists, instead of hitting the play button, tap the artist's name. From there, you can elect to play a select album by hitting the "play" button next to the album cover or, if you'd rather select songs from different albums, you can swipe to the right and select the specific songs you want and then select "add to playing now". Further, when the albums are listed, you can tap on the album name and see a song list for that particular album and play a specific song(s) from just that album.

Even more, from the music home screen, you can swipe right and have it sort by album, song, or genre, instead of by artist.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not understanding it, either. Xbox Music + Video Hub will allow you to do this. After opening it, select music. It will default to sort by artist. If you want to play all of your songs by a specific artist, hit the "play" button next to the artist's name. If you want to play only selected songs by that artists, instead of hitting the play button, tap the artist's name. From there, you can elect to play a select album by hitting the "play" button next to the album cover or, if you'd rather select songs from different albums, you can swipe to the right and select the specific songs you want and then select "add to playing now". Further, when the albums are listed, you can tap on the album name and see a song list for that particular album and play a specific song(s) from just that album.

Even more, from the music home screen, you can swipe right and have it sort by album, song, or genre, instead of by artist.
Thanks for this reply, but honestly I cant understand it. (granted, I've just had two gin and tonics, but), It seems complicated for me coming from years of iPhones and iPods. If I dont know which album a song is on, but I know the artist, how would I find that on the device? I would like to look for the extent of contents by that artist, then see the entire albums, then play the song and the remainder of the album from that track.

hs k showed us this Unify Universal Search | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

...and it is very very good for searching the contents of the device.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Launch Music + Video Hub
Select music
Find desired artist and tap artist name
Find desired album and tap album name.
Find desired song and tap "play" symbol next to song name.

Edit: Also, if you don't know which album a song is in, from the album list view, you can swipe to the left and you'll get an alphabetical list of all of the songs. Find the song you are looking for and below it's name will be the name of the album it is in.

Last edited:

RoAn82

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey can someone help me?
I`ve downloaded ExtremeMusic but got an issue: it does only play 1 (one) music then stop playing :eck: I mean i can't listen 2 or more musics. it makes no sense everytime i need to manually change to the next song.
Tried Soft Reset / re-install the app no sucess.

HELP ME!

Mr_Drewskie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I would love to see is Winamp as a music player but with a twist. You know how in Winamp you can change the skin of the player... Why not allow us to use the skin of the player on our phones. That would be insane. I would pay for an app like that.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
the problems are all caused by the really crippled API.. no player is allowed to create playlists, fast forward songs or things like that.. but (according to some leaks) this will get by far better in WP8.1, the audio agent from WP8.0 is completely gone.. there should be much more freedom for devs, so let's hope for some nice apps in a few weeks or months! ^^

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett