Big issue with music player that didn't exist in Windows Phone 7

ThisGuy101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I'm new here. I've created this account just for this issue, honestly.

I was an early adopter of Windows Phone. I got my Samsung Focus in May of 2011, as my first cellphone upgrade after they released.

I've recently (a few months ago) upgraded to Windows Phone 8, and I'm mostly happy with it.

The problem I have is with the music player. It takes several leaps backwards. Those I can deal with. What I CAN'T stand, is this--

Whenever you play a video (Via YouTube or any website), it takes the playlist down. You have to go back into the app and restart the music. It's VERY annoying to do that when you're halfway through a playlist, and have to skip tracks repeatedly.

This wasn't an issue in 7. You could watch a YouTube video and the music would still be there whenever you got done with it.

Searching around the net, I haven't really seen anyone mention this. Which could mean that it could be an issue in my settings.

Does anyone know of a fix or workaround?

(EDIT: I have an HTC 8X)

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Nice notice dude, I just tried this and it's very annoying,played a random song and stop the music by pressing the volume control and pause the music, opened YouTube in internee explorer,played random video closed internet explorer, pressed volume buttons and the music player vanished. Hope Microsoft fix will fix this issue inNext release with separate volume controls.

ThisGuy101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Nice notice dude, I just tried this and it's very annoying,played a random song and stop the music by pressing the volume control and pause the music, opened YouTube in internee explorer,played random video closed internet explorer, pressed volume buttons and the music player vanished. Hope Microsoft fix will fix this issue inNext release with separate volume controls.

If no one brings it to their attention, they won't. That's the worst of it.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
They will,wp 8.1 update is considered to be a major update for windows phone 8 since it's very first introduction.Microsoft is working hard for both wp and windows. They just revamped windows 8, windows 8.1 is just what I wanted in windows 8, hope they do the same for wp 8.1 .

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Of course I'm aware of this bug, but I didn't care. And i think people don't care much cuz xbox music is full of horse ****.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99