Operation #MobileEquality: Let's Convince Companies to Bring Apps to Windows Phone

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, it depends on if you want new or old first. Cut the Rope 2 just launched on ios and android, so we could try that. Alternatively, we could try older games. My personal favorite from ios was a game called Arulex (I'll double check when I get home on my old iPhone). I also think Pintrest and Snapchat are really the only two big social medias left, so there's that. A lot of banking apps are missing still. One last thing we could do is to get companies who allow devs to cross-platform port like MobileRoadie.

So coip, since you started this movement, do you want to:
A) get older, but still used games (they usually have more money to port)
B) attract newer games (probably a more appealing option for the platform, but less likely since they'll have less money)
C) go for banks
D) social media apps
E) go for cross-platform developer companies that make smaller, but still official and used, apps

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Well, it depends on if you want new or old first. Cut the Rope 2 just launched on ios and android, so we could try that. Alternatively, we could try older games. My personal favorite from ios was a game called Arulex (I'll double check when I get home on my old iPhone). I also think Pintrest and Snapchat are really the only two big social medias left, so there's that. A lot of banking apps are missing still. One last thing we could do is to get companies who allow devs to cross-platform port like MobileRoadie.

So coip, since you started this movement, do you want to:
A) get older, but still used games (they usually have more money to port)
B) attract newer games (probably a more appealing option for the platform, but less likely since they'll have less money)
C) go for banks
D) social media apps
E) go for cross-platform developer companies that make smaller, but still official and used, apps

My personal pick is C

Yeah, I would agree with you about targeting C. Banks for now because my preference for games, being a huge fan of Xbox, would be to use the #SaveXboxWP hashtag to cajole games developers, and reserve the #MobileEquality hashtag for more mainstream apps. So, let's come up with a list of major banks missing WP apps.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
So I found a top 10 list and the top 3 that I think we should focus on are Capitol One, Citybank, and PNC. Citybank (owned by Citigroup) is the biggest one.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Big update, everyone: The #MobileEquality movement now has an official Twitter account! Head over to @MobileEquality to keep up on who the current targets are and to re-tweet in support.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey, guys, I'm the one who runs the account fyi. I just found some placeholder pictures online so if someone has any graphical ability for a basic twitpic, it would be appreciated. I can't draw a stick figure correctly so I'm not going to even attempt it ;)

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Alright, guys, I've changed it to whatever app now. I'll just have to tweet a lot. I've tweeted everyone's suggestions. Make sure to retweet and sent your own tweets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte