Changing phone region implications

jlanzac

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have my phone set to Spanish region and euros. But the phone language is in english. As most of the offers from the store is in US I was thinking on changing the region to US and euros. What would be the implications over the already purchased apps? And with the new ones if I decided to get back to Spanish?

TA

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I think you have to buy same app twice as it goes to wp8 us not Spanish specially on computer, anyway you can try but if you came back on Spanish than all your purchased apps will be free again
Hi,

I have my phone set to Spanish region and euros. But the phone language is in english. As most of the offers from the store is in US I was thinking on changing the region to US and euros. What would be the implications over the already purchased apps? And with the new ones if I decided to get back to Spanish?

TA

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I think you have to buy same app twice as it goes to wp8 us not Spanish specially on computer, anyway you can try but if you came back on Spanish than all your purchased apps will be free again

I don't believe that is accurate. A while back I read something along the lines that you can buy from any region app store and it is all tied to your same live ID and you can use the app without issues. It would not make sense that if you change phone region your apps bought in other region no longer work, because, for one, people do move from country to country.

Also changing region on the phone (as well as on Win8) affect the localization of Bing News app (and probably some other region apps as well if they access info based on the set region).

jlanzac

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I ask so, because yesterday I downloaded a game that was free for US and UK. Then restart to spanish and was there without add, and so.

The fact is that I don't what would happen if I delete it and reinstan. I think the same as @John20212, but don't know exactly. It is even that the exchange from euros to dollar makes it better to buy apps in dollars than €.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I said if you change your region you may have to buy app again on computer/laptop, but no change on phone
I don't believe that is accurate. A while back I read something along the lines that you can buy from any region app store and it is all tied to your same live ID and you can use the app without issues. It would not make sense that if you change phone region your apps bought in other region no longer work, because, for one, people do move from country to country.

Also changing region on the phone (as well as on Win8) affect the localization of Bing News app (and probably some other region apps as well if they access info based on the set region).

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I said if you change your region you may have to buy app again on computer/laptop, but no change on phone

Sorry I misunderstood what you were saying; I am guessing you mean the Windows 8 app store when you refer to "computer/laptop"? Or are you talking about buying a WP app by logging into the WP site on a PC?

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
yup I am saying Wp8 store on laptop,
I am saying if you go to purchase history on laptop you will have to face problem as it saying check my windows phone store, but when u click there may be you have to face problem, whereas if you download same app on phone no problem at all.
Sorry I misunderstood what you were saying; I am guessing you mean the Windows 8 app store when you refer to "computer/laptop"? Or are you talking about buying a WP app by logging into the WP site on a PC?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss