My Family conflicting with purchases?

Lysergix

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I was searching for some music today on my L928 when I went to sample a particular song and an error message came up with "We can't complete your request due to your account's My Family settings."

Now as far as I know I've never set up anything with "My Family" since I'm the only one in my family who uses a Windows Phone. I've seen some posts saying that it may be because the user is under the age of 18, however upon linking my Microsoft account with my phone, my age was listed as 21. I've seen some suggestions saying that the age has to be over 22, so I changed it and I'm still getting the same error message.

I've been trying to dig through all the settings in my Microsoft account and haven't found anything that could clue me into what's wrong. No "My Family" has been established, no "Kids' accounts", nothing. My only account alias is my primary one which I originally synced to my Phone.

Has anyone else received this problem before? This is my first time encountering something like this as I can download apps no problem.

Lysergix

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Were you trying to do carrier billing for the music?
No, I just use whatever credits I have on my account.

It's just particular songs as well, I'm assuming "explicit" music since it comes up with a Family error. It allows my to sample and purchase some songs, but not others.

and like I mentioned, I am an adult and my account is set with me being 21+.

Lysergix

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Check out Safe Search. Settings, search, boom

Also:
My Family settings - Microsoft Community
Well from what I see here is that these are instruction on how to set up "My Family".

I actually don't want to set this up at all. I am the only person in my family who has a Microsoft account.

I mean, sure I can set up a Microsoft account for my parents, then enroll myself as their child and give myself permission via "My Family".
but why should I have to? I'm 21.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos