Where are my "PureView" images?!

fnanfne

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
As per subject, I can't find them.

Yes I know the phone stores two copies, a full res in one of the many confusing "camera" apps and a 5MP one on the camera roll. I've also read somewhere that the full res pics can only be downloaded onto your PC/MAC with a USB cable using the WP software.

The biggest photo I have on my phone (using Windows Explorer and the Application) is 1.2MB big. I'm sure this is not the full res PureView image.

I have also set the image quality to: "JPEG (5MP + 34 MP)"

Should I set it to "JPEG (5MP + DNG (34MP))??

Thanks for reading...

Steven

Zerveone

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey Steven,

Connect Your 1020 to Your PC, open it up (using normal file manager, just like you open your USB), go to Camera Roll folder and there You will find your full res images along with oversampled ones. They're all having "highres" added to their names. Hope this helps :)

fnanfne

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Thank you.

I now see these "high res" photos in my camera roll folder in Windows Explorer after reading your post Zerveone. (thanks for your input Nalle76 but I don't have a MAC :))

The reason I missed them initially is because they appear to have zero dimension (0x0) where the other "normal" photos all have dimensions like 3032x1704. Is this just because of a Windows limitation?

Anyway, thanks again...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs