Microsoft is missing its own proprietary messaging app...yes?

tonybessette

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I know Microsoft is not dumb. They have just about everything. They have the #1 Desktop OS, Mobile Phones (and mobile OS), Gaming System, Search Engine, and OEM tablets (Surface)....but when will Microsoft have its own version of iMessage, Google Talk, or BBM?

tonybessette

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Well then, they should make Skype the default messaging app, and have regular texts and FB text roll through Skype too...like with Hangouts, and iMessages.

This way us Windows Phone users can text for free between us, like with iMessage. Plus be able to switch to video chat right in that same skype app, like face time. One messaging app to rule them all....I should be able to chat with my AT&T peeps, as well as my Windows Phone folk....all for free in the same exact app. Skype.

It already has a famous name, use that to your advantage...and promote in-house, free, CONVENIENT texting :)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Well then, they should make Skype the default messaging app, and have regular texts and FB text roll through Skype too...like with Hangouts, and iMessages.

This way us Windows Phone users can text for free between us, like with iMessage. Plus be able to switch to video chat right in that same skype app, like face time. One messaging app to rule them all....I should be able to chat with my AT&T peeps, as well as my Windows Phone folk....all for free in the same exact app. Skype.

It already has a famous name, use that to your advantage...and promote in-house, free, CONVENIENT texting :)

So we should be forced to use Skype for text messaging?

Microsoft would be smarter to add support for messaging Skype contacts in Messaging and add support for Skype Video Calls in the Phone app.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
So we should be forced to use Skype for text messaging?

Microsoft would be smarter to add support for messaging Skype contacts in Messaging and add support for Skype Video Calls in the Phone app.

I could of sworn early on, windows phone 8 actually had Skype integrated like that. But they took it out with the update because it was causing stability issues and battery issues. It use to hold the Skype info under everyone's contact if they had Skype. I don't have any proof. But ill see if I can look it up later. Maybe I'm just crazy lol.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I could of sworn early on, windows phone 8 actually had Skype integrated like that. But they took it out with the update because it was causing stability issues and battery issues. It use to hold the Skype info under everyone's contact if they had Skype. I don't have any proof. But ill see if I can look it up later. Maybe I'm just crazy lol.

Here is a wpcentral article talking about it. Microsoft reveals Skype & 3rd party VOIP integration for Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone Central

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft shouldn't make it default. That would only make it more confusing to other new users that want to text normally. What if someone is offline on Skype, but someone wants to text the guy through the same phone number that's with his profile?

Messenger is already included in the Messaging Hub, it's proprietary, and I think it still works (although it's linked to Skype, you can still send messages).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786